What's new

Opinions on a flavour site

Didn't know anything about this, is it def the flavour art concentrates? Can't order any today but I'll def be on it in the future if it is FA flavours. Has this been confirmed?
Yes, Darkstar have confirmed it. Helluva bargain with this code on what were already much better prices than direct from FA.
I've also requested they stock more of the range and they're looking into it.

Excellent, I'll def be buying from there in the future. Had nic from dark star in the past and found their service pretty good. Thanks for this, folks!

Thanks for sharing the DarkStar link @Ment also put a cheeky order in for 4 from them, only £10.80, bargain!

Ordered a Strawberry Jam, Jam Roly, Clotted Cream Fudge, Mint Julep & White Chocolate Maccachino (for the Mrs) from CCW.

Should keep us stocked up for quite a while.

I got a free one shot from darkstar, ages ago when I purchased nic off them. It was pretty good but there was a wee slight odd taste I didn't much care for. It said to mix it at 20%. Sometimes I wonder if the plasticky/chemical tastes I've noticed in some flavours is because they need high percentages? Like TPA vanilla swirl, is one that sticks in mind. Nice vanilla notes but it just had this really off taste in the background.

Edited to add: @Chris K , mint julep is tempting me..!

I got a free one shot from darkstar, ages ago when I purchased nic off them. It was pretty good but there was a wee slight odd taste I didn't much care for. It said to mix it at 20%. Sometimes I wonder if the plasticky/chemical tastes I've noticed in some flavours is because they need high percentages? Like TPA vanilla swirl, is one that sticks in mind. Nice vanilla notes but it just had this really off taste in the background.

Edited to add: @Chris K , mint julep is tempting me..!

Few months back I tried Lovela Mint Julep and it was superb, hoping I can attempt to recreate it. I'll let you know how it comes out.

So thought I'd give a quick update. CCW flavours arrived last Wednesday and made 5ml of each flavour up at 20% 70/30 after a weeks steep gave them a try tonight to see how getting on.

Fudge :- Not bad but abit bland. Not really my thing as a single flavour but think will make a good mixer with other flavours.

Strawberry Jam - Great flavour and works very well as a standalone. Whoever mentioned Just Jam Strawberry using this was correct, that's exactly what I get.

White Choc Mocha - Mrs loves it but its alittle weak for me. Going to try at 25% to try and get alittle more from it but so far, so good.

Jam Roly Poly - Another great flavour that tastes exactly like it should. Took me back to being a kid. A touch weak at 20% I thought so moving it to 23% next time.

Mint Julep - Bit of a wildcard this one, what a wildcard though. Great full flavour and reminds me strongly of Lovelas Mint Julep. 20% seems to be a sweet spot, did need to breath for a day though as alittle chemically at first.

All in all, really happy and thanks to everyone who recommended.

Will certainly be giving another 5 a try someday soon.

Back
Top Bottom