What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Oneshot percentages?

Mr Ripple

Legend
Bought my first ever oneshot the other day and mixed it up at the lower end of the recommended percentage.
Was curious cos ive only heard positives about the flavour and wanted to see if it lived up to the hype.
I must say before i get to the point that after day two of a recommend 7 day steep its already very pleasant and know it will turn out to be very nice.

Here's my point though i cant help feeling short changed regardless of how much it cost.
The suggested mix percentages state between 20-30% so i mixed it at 20% and tbh think it would be better at 25%.

I've been mixing my own for long enough to know that even with my knackered taste buds there are no concentrates out there that are that weak that this much concentrate should be needed and based on this it is my opinion that said oneshot is clearly diluted.

With the cost of said oneshot, adding nic, pg, vg, and bottle etc its no cheaper than buying it ready made.

No wonder juices get cloned!

Always been like it mate with one shots. Some are better than others but majority of time they are diluted so price reflects the cost of a finished liquid.

Only benefit really I see to One Shots now is fact can be made to any ratio and any strength you want.

My mother likes Kilo liquids but can't vape anything high VG so bought some concentrate and mix it at 40vg/60pg at 6mg for her. Cost works out about same as buying a Kilo shortfill.

Always been like it mate with one shots. Some are better than others but majority of time they are diluted so price reflects the cost of a finished liquid.

Only benefit really I see to One Shots now is fact can be made to any ratio and any strength you want.

My mother likes Kilo liquids but can't vape anything high VG so bought some concentrate and mix it at 40vg/60pg at 6mg for her. Cost works out about same as buying a Kilo shortfill.
Guess I've been over expectant and clearly a oneshot noob!
10 out of 10 for enterprise though.
I'm not paying that again though so I've just made my own version with a little help from an online recipie @15.8% made from single flavourings which makes just short of 300ml for the cost of a oneshot that makes 50ml @20%.

It's not always the case though. I'm not mentioning any names but I use a certain oneshot at between 15 and 18 % and it's near as damn it £10 for 30ml. So that's what ! Certainly less than £10 to make 100ml of liquid and I've only used about half the bottle . To buy a 50ml shortfill its nearly £15 , so it is cheaper for some.

I think I got my maths right there ! :hmm:

Guess I've been over expectant and clearly a oneshot noob!
10 out of 10 for enterprise though.
I'm not paying that again though so I've just made my own version with a little help from an online recipie @15.8% made from single flavourings which makes just short of 300ml for the cost of a oneshot that makes 50ml @20%.

I'm with you on that. One shots have there place but I always prefer tinkering with my own recipe, just one shots can be convenient and faster, pay a premium for it though.

It's not always the case though. I'm not mentioning any names but I use a certain oneshot at between 15 and 18 % and it's near as damn it £10 for 30ml. So that's what ! Certainly less than £10 to make 100ml of liquid and I've only used about half the bottle . To buy a 50ml shortfill its nearly £15 , so it is cheaper for some.

I think I got my maths right there ! :hmm:

If your math is wrong, I can't see it!

Some one shots are really worth it (Chefs own springs to mind) but when some others are needing 25%+... Starts to not make as much sense to me.

Funnily enough Ive been looking this past hour - specifically at the 12mg shortfills I spotted advertised on here recently. 20 ml in a bottle @ 13.99 plus x4 18mg shots @ 0.85 each making 60ml.
13.99 + 3.40 / 6 is 2.89
So no, not much cheaper than my tried and tested CV strawberry delight. I need to get used to dropping down my nic level asap - especially as Im starting to prefer a 30ishW so getting through more

I'm with you on that. One shots have there place but I always prefer tinkering with my own recipe, just one shots can be convenient and faster, pay a premium for it though.

If your math is wrong, I can't see it!

Some one shots are really worth it (Chefs own springs to mind) but when some others are needing 25%+... Starts to not make as much sense to me.
Indeed. I've tried some that state 30% which doesn't make sense to me. There wasn't much flavour as far as I was concerned either so haven't bought them again. I pretty much just stick to my regular ones now . I've got lazy over the last couple of years and don't mix from scratch anymore.

see my thread....all mixed at 25%, 5% above suggested. Off the bat, they smell strong, like shelf bought marketed ejuice from the States. Only time will tell lol

For stronger one shots (lower %) the ones made by One shot wonder, Ejuicemakers, VHM or Diy or Die are all good and available on Cheff's.
These are just ones I have used in the past it's not a comprehensive list.

I should add that Ella's Gold Rush by One Shot Wonder mixed at the suggested 15% is really good not too sweet and one of my favorites, vaping it now.

Back
Top Bottom