What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

One shots

jock1092

Achiever
I just mixed a large batch of one shots, and asked myself a question - what to do if I hate one or more of them?
I've had this already with one from flavor boss that I just don't like, nothing particularly bad just not my type of vape.
Would it be a waste of time to dilute any and mix new base flavours if say like the strawberry cheesecake I don't like I weaken the mix and add more strawberry or a cream to weaken the harshness I find in the biscuit flavor.
It's not the cost or lack of supplies, I've got a good stock of nic base but its the time mixing, steeping, checking ect id rather not go totally to waste.
Plus id feel awful putting 500ml down the sink just because Its not my thing

Cant sell home mixed juice on the forum.

Best bet is make 10, 20 or 30ml of a new juice, leave it to steep and see if you like it.

You then have this to play around with and tweak by adding fruit, cream, custard, biscuit etc to make it into one you do enjoy. Just make sure you have written notes so you know what you did and can recreate it on a larger scale.

any time i mix a not so good juice i then add flavour enhancer it usually makes it better its worth a try rather than throwing it out.

Give it to mates, or sell to cover costs?
The price of DIY I am always willing to lose a few quid on shit.
It may cost 'a fair bit' but in the long run you can reach a place where the value is incredible for GREAT juice.
Then you try something else, if it works it works, if not it is no biggy.
You are still far better off.

I suppose the only real issues with the juices I'm not liking yet has been a harshness, I think it's down to them having biscuit base flavours.
Is there any way to settle that down a bit?
So far I've just been continuing to steep them

How long a steep?
It depends on exact flavours & brands.
For biscuit 4 weeks should be plenty IMO.
If no good for you after that I would think not for you (not saying no good, just not for you).

Aside:-
Remember taste is subjective & changeable to the pallet.
Ignoring DIY some will say premium, pre mixed, shop bought flavour A is like "The nectar of the greek gods themselves, smooth and flavoursome with a sweet aftertaste".
Others will say, of the exact same premium bottle of flavour "That is Horses piss, or satans vomit, I have tasted a better donkeys ass".

It may not be your mix - just that you do not like that particular flavour.

I find adding extra sweetener can knock back the harshness somewhat.
OK solution if the juice or your palate can take it.
Ethyl maltol, good for rough juice, shit for coil life!

Back
Top Bottom