What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

One more Nic Question

Tazz

Legend
OK guys. Just 1 more question with the Nic for dunces.
I mixed a few levels up when I got it. 3mg, 6mg and 9 mg.
This is in a 70 VG/30 PG mix. My usual is 65/35 but I read in a search its smoother 70 ish up so chose 70/30. Now I'm using .4's in a Cleito and .65 in the Crios. 3mg I get a small throat hit, quite acceptable. 6mg a stronger hit, ok but just a little bit harsh, not unbearable but getting there. But 9mg, no way, this is rough. I read in a search that this is normal? That sub ohming nic requires lower nic levels with DTL vapes? MTL get away with higher levels, but not DTL. Is this correct? Or, have I not waited long enough and it gets smoother after a steep? I know I have tried it early but I just had to give it a go.

That sounds about right to me. DL’ing 9mg would probably knock me on the floor.

6mg is about my limit for a restricted lung hit, although I prefer it at 3.

I normally MTL at 6mg although I had to work hard to get there. I started on 18.

Sub-ohming DTL will definitely need low nic. I started MTL on 22mg, eventually cut down to 12mg, and went to 6mg when I went subohm. Now I'm on 3mg.

Rule of thumb is VG for smooth clouds, PG for flavour and throat hit. Nic has a throat hit too but at subohm, it's more the PG. Lowest VG I go is 70 but usually aim for 80.

oh BTW, when I say 80VG, I'm including my flavour concentrate as part of the PG as they're usually PG based.

So if I mix at 15% flavour, I only add 5% PG to get my 80:20 (my nic is VG based)

oh BTW, when I say 80VG, I'm including my flavour concentrate as part of the PG as they're usually PG based.

So if I mix at 15% flavour, I only add 5% PG to get my 80:20 (my nic is VG based)

Same method as myself.

Back
Top Bottom