What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

(NO NEED FOR AN) Honest alternative to Darkstar

mental2k

Postman
***UPDATED***

Updating first post to reflect current state of things (original post greyed out below for context). Rob sent through a refund yesterday, and I've ordered with them again. I'm guessing it was a bug somewhere between Paypal and Darkstar in the end. When I placed my new order the old one appeared in my basket again (I guess this was stored alongside my account server side, as I'm using a different device now). I deleted the old items and tried to check out through paypal again, it gave me the "Invoice already paid" error and wouldn't let me pay for the new order :( . Used the credit card in the end, hopefully I get a new invoice ID with the next order and it's back to smooth sailing.

Big thanks to Jen and Rob at Darkstar for sorting this out.

Hey,

Around July last year I thought I'd have a go at some DIY mixing, so I duly placed an order with Darkstar for some base and some flavours. The Darkstar website didn't seem to register the payment I made through paypal, though did charge me! I contacted Darkstar through the website, I email Rob directly through the email address attached to the transaction and called a few times but got no response. Nor did I get any supplies or a refund! I few things happened at home round the time that put it out of my head and I missed the paypal refund deadline as well. Thought I'd try mixing again the other day and remembered the whole scenario but obviously I'd like to do business with a vendor that isn't just going to rip me off and ignore me this time!

Can anyone suggest somewhere honest that provides good quality base/flavours at a decent price?

Last edited:
I have always used Everthing liquid simply because all the nic I have had from them in the last 2 years of mixing has been top notch

I use Darkstar for nic, pg and vg. Rob has an excellent reputation and is very active in his Facebook group. I'm surprised you had problems with them, all I ever read is praise. I have had issues elsewhere but never with darkstar...

Agree with tobywon, I have had zero issue with Darkstar and I have ordered hundreds of pounds worth from them over the last few years.

Sorry to hear of your experience - did you create an account to order?
My latest £30 order was this morning.
Placed on laptop and within 60 seconds I had e-mail ping in on my phone from Paypal, 30 seconds later the order confirmation from Darkstar came in.

I agree with the last 2 guys, I spent £500 with then last year and had no problems.

You may still be able to sort out your problem, try contacting them again.

Yeah, to be fair that was the reason I went straight to Darkstar originally, I'd used them back when they/Rob started up and was just doing juice, he always threw in a few extra bottles too. I decided to email again in the hope he'll sort it out, but I appreciate it's a while ago now. I do have an account but the order never even appeared there (not ragging on the guy for an IT outage, it happens, it's the more the fact I never got a response when I chased it up). If he sorts me out I'm more than happy to edit my posts to reflect it and would use him again, just feeling a bit once bitten with them at the minute.

Yeah, to be fair that was the reason I went straight to Darkstar originally, I'd used them back when they/Rob started up and was just doing juice, he always threw in a few extra bottles too. I decided to email again in the hope he'll sort it out, but I appreciate it's a while ago now. I do have an account but the order never even appeared there (not ragging on the guy for an IT outage, it happens, it's the more the fact I never got a response when I chased it up). If he sorts me out I'm more than happy to edit my posts to reflect it and would use him again, just feeling a bit once bitten with them at the minute.
Do you still have a record of the payment on your paypal account? Iam not sure how far these go back he may be able to look back of he still keeps records of old orders

Back
Top Bottom