What's new

No flavour in high vg mix, can I rescue it?

wow, thanks for all the responses! Sorry for the slack reply...

What gear are you taste tasting it with @drumbago ?

@simong I'm using a kanger subtank with a .53 on the RBA, and a Geekvape Avocado single coil at .73. Both had fresh coils for tasting. As you might expect, the flavour was better on the Avo, but definitely lacking compared to my previous mixes.

Funnily enough, I just put a fresh wick into the Avocado and BAM! The Capella Custard tastes amazing....
I guess 3 weeks just wasn't enough. So, maybe the greater the volume, the longer the steep time required? anyone got any ideas on that? Or maybe higher VG also requires a longer steep? Or Both?

@EmbraSewerRat Yeah, Chef's reccomend 20 - 30% for all of their concentrates, I usually go for the high end to get max flavour, particularly in the subtank.

wow, thanks for all the responses! Sorry for the slack reply...

@simong I'm using a kanger subtank with a .53 on the RBA, and a Geekvape Avocado single coil at .73. Both had fresh coils for tasting. As you might expect, the flavour was better on the Avo, but definitely lacking compared to my previous mixes.

Funnily enough, I just put a fresh wick into the Avocado and BAM! The Capella Custard tastes amazing....
I guess 3 weeks just wasn't enough. So, maybe the greater the volume, the longer the steep time required? anyone got any ideas on that? Or maybe higher VG also requires a longer steep? Or Both?

@EmbraSewerRat Yeah, Chef's reccomend 20 - 30% for all of their concentrates, I usually go for the high end to get max flavour, particularly in the subtank.

Making a decenty custard for most is like making a decent malt whisky. It takes a while.

Back
Top Bottom