What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

No flavour in high vg mix, can I rescue it?

drumbago

Hi all,

New here, I've lurked on the forum for a while, but wanted to get some help.

So I've been mixing my own liquid for 6 months or so, always been happy with the results, until the last batch...

I ordered some VG from Vapable.com and made up 2 batches of about 200ml. This has been my biggest batch to date.

Batch 1:
Chef's Flavours Nice Custard cream
3mg nic
70VG 30PG
30% concentrate

Batch 2:
Capella custard V2
3mg nic
70VG 30PG
15% concentrate

They've been steeping for nearly 3 weeks now, in glass jars and shaken up every day or so.

The flavour is barely detectable on both batches, I've never gone that high with VG before, 50/50 at most I think.
I have read that high VG will mute the flavour but this is rediculous.
I've mixed the chef's flavour one before and it was lovely at 35vg 65pg, the capella one i've never used before, I read that 15% is a good flavour %. I've since added anotherf 10ml of concentrate and STILL nothing, no flavour.

I once bought some eliquid from Vapable and remember the taste was really lacking, so could it be their VG that's to blame?

Or do i just need more concentrate at this level of VG?

So, your opinions please! Is it worth putting in more concentrate and hoping for the best or should i just dump the lot and start again?

Cheers,

Drum

(sorry for the essay...)

Hi, 30% seems way too high for flavouring and at 15% for the capella custard you should be able to taste that (although i only use V1 custard) Did you shake your concentrates before mixing ? seems very strange that you are having a problem tasting when you've used 30% for the custard cream. Have you got vapers tongue at the moment ? maybe try a juice you know and see if that tastes muted as well? if so then maybe you have got vapers tongue ( which is where you can't taste your juice ). btw custards can take at least 4 weeks minimum to start developing as well, so maybe a longer steep and see if that helps. ATB

The time i got a toot of the Nice Custard Creams the laddie had mixed it at 25% and it was ooooh momma!
and 155 for the Capella custard is a lot so aye, you should be tasting something.

I mix at 90%VG and ~10% flavouring and have nae issues taste wise. And I've only got 1 working taste bud.

So, spill it chief, what kit are you using to test?

I'm asking as personally ... high VG in a tank doesn't usually work in my experiences

I put one of my favourite BUNKR flavours in a tank that is more than capable of wicking 70% VG and it tasted like weak flavoured garbage. (even though it was the same wattage and resistance as the RDA's I use) .... it's good in my Corolla's but not in a 'normal' tank rda tank or a premade coil type tank, couldn't get any flavour hardly at all, even though I know it tastes great.

Since when is 70% high VG?

30% flavour is too much but you should still taste it I think?

3 weeks steep is a bit short for a custard. After you mix a custard good idea to order something from fasttech with free postage. When it arrives your custard is ready [emoji106]

Ha! Funnily enough I think anything higher than 50%PG is high PG but high VG to me is >80% VG.
I base this on UK style juice not the watery US juice.

:)

I'm the same but I think anything higher that 50% VG is high VG too ....... because I use Manabush 50/50 as my baseline I guess. :D

well maybe not 60% that's just 'higher'

80% to me is 'max VG' ..,. considering most flavourings are PG based at around 20%

I guess it's all just marketing terms really anyway, as there's no exact definition.

Back
Top Bottom