What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Nicotine ruining my mixes...?

So I've been vaping Bronuts on a fresh coil which I put in on Wednesday... The flavour was gone by Friday, could barely taste any of the original 'bronuts' flavour.

So I changed my coil tonight (Saturday), started vaping bronuts again, expecting big flavour, and it was more or less the same, pretty muted!

I just made up a mad tropical fruit mix and I can taste this, no problem. I haven't added the nic yet, it tastes ok... I'll add the nic tomorrow and see if it changes for the worse.

I'm starting to think that I just can't taste creams/custards/caramels! I've done various mixes of this type and they all just taste the same - horrible, no creaminess at all!

I really want to get a creamy/caramel/biscuit ADV and the more I mix, the more I think this is never going to happen!

Even the fruit mixes I do seem to be lacking in flavour/punch, I just can't seem to get anything right, even when I follow peoples recipes...

This mixing thing is an absolute nightmare so far! I'm actually a really good cook and cocktail mixologist, so I know about flavours... I appreciate that this is different, but even following recipes - nothing tastes good!

What is going on here?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

I really want to get a creamy/caramel/biscuit ADV and the more I mix, the more I think this is never going to happen!

I don't see any mention of how long you are leaving the juices to steep for after mixing. Dessert flavours can require 4 - 8 weeks steeping for the flavours to develop, as I understand it.

I've had various RY4 mixes steeping for 7 weeks, they all taste horrible, including Custard King. No creaminess, just chemical blandness. Everything tastes very similar, including any new custard/bakery type mixes I do...

Therefore I'm just not convinced about this 'steeping' thing... yes, I understand that the flavours will develop with age, but if it tastes horrible after a day or so, then it's gonna taste horrible, and that's that. From what I've seen/tasted there is no magic happening, just a lot of time going by whilst I'm no nearer to anything half-decent.

This is why I think either -

A) my nicotine is bad

Or

B) I can't taste custard/creams/biscuits

Or

C) I have vapers tongue

I actually had a sample of a roll up tonight, and whilst it tasted horrible it was actually more enjoyable than the mixes I've been creating/tasting.

There's got to be something wrong here, it can't be just about steeping, surely...?

Thanks.

As a rough rule, I use flavours at around 15-20%, PG nicotine 7.2% at 3mg and topped up with VG. Often I add 0.5-1% ethyl maltol, I like the sweetness!
A question.
What are you using to mix and steep your juice in?I use glass as opposed to plastic.
Ages ago I bought some cheap arse bottles off Fleabay to mix in, juices all turned out rank, I put it down to iffy plastic bottles.

So I've been vaping Bronuts on a fresh coil which I put in on Wednesday... The flavour was gone by Friday, could barely taste any of the original 'bronuts' flavour.

So I changed my coil tonight (Saturday), started vaping bronuts again, expecting big flavour, and it was more or less the same, pretty muted!

I just made up a mad tropical fruit mix and I can taste this, no problem. I haven't added the nic yet, it tastes ok... I'll add the nic tomorrow and see if it changes for the worse.

I'm starting to think that I just can't taste creams/custards/caramels! I've done various mixes of this type and they all just taste the same - horrible, no creaminess at all!

Even the fruit mixes I do seem to be lacking in flavour/punch, I just can't seem to get anything right, even when I follow peoples recipes...

This mixing thing is an absolute nightmare so far! I'm actually a really good cook and cocktail mixologist, so I know about flavours... I appreciate that this is different, but even following recipes - nothing tastes good!

What is going on here?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

i find i have to change juice every few hours due to not tasting it after a while the flavour is there but i just get used to it

vape tongue its a bitch

start making up different types of juice and change every few hours to keep the taste or even add something to the juice ur used to and start drinking coffee

creams custards biscuits are my thing and most will taste bad to start with give them time ie over 1 month preferably 2 ;)

Last edited:
As a rough rule, I use flavours at around 15-20%, PG nicotine 7.2% at 3mg and topped up with VG. Often I add 0.5-1% ethyl maltol, I like the sweetness!
A question.
What are you using to mix and steep your juice in?I use glass as opposed to plastic.
Ages ago I bought some cheap arse bottles off Fleabay to mix in, juices all turned out rank, I put it down to iffy plastic bottles.

I'm using the soft HDPE plastic bottles to mix and steep, I bought them from iBottles.

I did think about the bottles being a possibility for the bad taste, I'll have to try the glass mixing/steeping.

I added some nic this morning to my tropical fruit mix and I'm not getting that bad taste... yet. I'll carry on with this and see how the flavour pans out. This tropical mix was 22% flavour, maybe all my previous mixes have been too low in flavour and it's the nic that I'm tasting...?

Fruits are really not my thing though, there is some coconut in there though so it's a bit more bearable...

I just wash out jam jars mayonnaise jars etc. All work fine, no need to go out and buy any thing special.....
tbh I'm not brave enuff to try this but if it works it works :thumbsup:

op boots sell amber glass bottles cheap i usually buy the 500ml for £0.60
they are not on the shelf just ask at the counter

Back
Top Bottom