What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Nicotine question.

Banjostring

I have a large bottle of nicotine that I've taken 50ml out of and put into a dark gorilla bottle to use for mixing.
If I continue to do this each time the smaller bottle is emptied, will the air that's replaced the nicotine in the bigger bottle cause the remainder to go bad?

im no expert but as long as its kept in the freezer then i guess should be ok.

Large is a relative concept.

If it is large enough that it is going to last you many years. Personally I would decant into smaller bottles that contained no more than a years worth in each bottle.

A litre of 72 mg would last me almost ten years. That is a lot of time for oxidation with the ever increasing amount of air in the bottle.
All my pre tpd nicotine gets decanted into 100ml or 200ml bottles as soon as I open them then put in the freezer except the one in the fridge for using.

My main stash of Nic is kept in the freezer
I bring out 250 ml at a time
I just keep it in the fridge ready for making a batch
No probs over the last couple of years

I have been using nic that is over five years old no problem.
I hope to finish all the nic in my freezer without problem (perhaps 12 more years)
I am not taking any unnecessary chances with it.

Brown glass. Full to the brim. In the freezer undisturbed till it goes to the fridge for use.

Large is a relative concept.

If it is large enough that it is going to last you many years. Personally I would decant into smaller bottles that contained no more than a years worth in each bottle.

A litre of 72 mg would last me almost ten years. That is a lot of time for oxidation with the ever increasing amount of air in the bottle.
All my pre tpd nicotine gets decanted into 100ml or 200ml bottles as soon as I open them then put in the freezer except the one in the fridge for using.
It's a litre. Split into two half litre bottles.

And my question was concerning the ever increasing amount of air in the bottle as I gradually use it.

So your post covers all bases. I'll decant one bottle into five 100ml bottles and keep four of those and the unopened 500ml bottle in the freezer, and one of the 100ml bottles in the fridge for 'day to day' use.

Does that sound about right?

how long do you reckon it will last you @Banjostring ? i have a half litre bottle in the freezer that’s nearly been emptied over the last four years and it’s still the same as it was when i put it in there in 2016. it was probably half full in 2018.

how long do you reckon it will last you @Banjostring ? i have a half litre bottle in the freezer that’s nearly been emptied over the last four years and it’s still the same as it was when i put it in there in 2016. it was probably half full in 2018.
I reckon I'll get about 4 or 5 years out of it, even more if I vape more mtl than I do now.

Back
Top Bottom