What's new

Nicotine from Darkstar pink

The nicotine in the picture will be fine to use. The colour of nicotine from the manufacturer can change from batch to batch for a number of reasons, from clear to pink, from pink to dark. As the nicotine ages and it comes into contact with heat, light and oxygen, this will change the colour (when i say ages, this can happen within a week). This will have no affect on the nicotine so you should be good to go. Hope this helps

The nicotine in the picture will be fine to use. The colour of nicotine from the manufacturer can change from batch to batch for a number of reasons, from clear to pink, from pink to dark. As the nicotine ages and it comes into contact with heat, light and oxygen, this will change the colour (when i say ages, this can happen within a week). This will have no affect on the nicotine so you should be good to go. Hope this helps
What about smell? I got some from somewhere else that stinks of acetone or nail varnish remover, surely thats not right/safe?

I used it seems fine, DS said their policy is to let them know within 72 hours, as I live in Malta I used a third company for delivery and took 2 weeks to arrive so I need to use it

I used it seems fine, DS said their policy is to let them know within 72 hours, as I live in Malta I used a third company for delivery and took 2 weeks to arrive so I need to use it
If you live in malta, it was probably air shipped to you. The cold temperatures in the baggage hold of the plane possibly caused the colour change. if you're still concerned, you can contact DarkStar and see what they say, it's almost certainly safe but they will be able to confirm it. Their customer service is usually pretty good, I use them a lot.

I've left 250ml of nic on a shelf for about 8 months before (no space in the freezer and I went off DIY for a bit) and still vaped it. Tasted slightly harsh, almost peppery, but wasn't too bad. Just dropped the nic % a little and used strong flavours. All was fine after that

What about smell? I got some from somewhere else that stinks of acetone or nail varnish remover, surely thats not right/safe?
I can't really comment on the smell as I try not to inhale 72mg nic fumes as it can't be good for you. Acetone does sound a little weird though, maybe it's alcohol used as a thinning agent. Just leave the tops off your mixes for a while during steeping to let it evaporate and see if it tastes fine

I can't really comment on the smell as I try not to inhale 72mg nic fumes as it can't be good for you. Acetone does sound a little weird though, maybe it's alcohol used as a thinning agent. Just leave the tops off your mixes for a while during steeping to let it evaporate and see if it tastes fine
Well yeah, i don't stick my head in the bottle! but thats kinda the point, its so strong that it IS that noticable. It could be a thinning agent though, hadn't thought of that. Or maybe I'm Wolverine and only I can smell it because of my heightened senses and all you guys can't because you're not. :P

Pink or Dark Nic I have no problem with. Nic base that smells of acetone or nail varnish remover i would not be using personally

Last edited:
What about a sort of biscuity type smell

Just mix some of it at your usual percentage with no flavouring and try it. Worst case is it tastes off and you need to rewick, best case there's fuck all wrong with it.

Back
Top Bottom