What's new

Nicotine Before or After Steep

richyb

Just about to make my own DIY ejuice but just wanted to clarify one thing.

Should i add nicotine before or after steeping?

I'm included to say after based on what i found online but just want to clarify.

If it is after once the nicotine is added should i then do another steep for about a week so the nicotine has chance to blend or is it good to go straight away.

Thanks guys

I add nic after, on advice from here, purely due to if its a long steep juice, the nic could go off and ruin it, and I usually just add it and use it without a further steep

I've done it both ways nic added during initial mixing and nic added after steeping.
to be honest i noticed no differance and would suggest it's more a matter of preference.
But as @haich has said if you are mixing a large quantity then your nic could possibly deteriorate over time (depending on how you store your juice),kept in a cool dark cupboard or drawer it should be good for 12-18 months tho

i dont mix but i always thought you would add it once youve mixed all together and then steep as the darker it gets while steeping gives you a hint its ready to vape.
pre tpd all my custards come totally clear with nic already mixed in. leave for 2-3 weeks and they are a golden brown.
post tpd, short fills zero nic. add nic then steep and same wait for the golden brown.

I always add my nic when mixing, never had any problems [emoji4]

Back
Top Bottom