What's new

Nic storage question

Interesting indeed! Do you make larger quantities of a certain flavour and freeze it in smaller bottles or something? Never thought of putting my finished juice to freeze also.

On a side note - if you're looking for bottles to split your nic into I recently bought a set of 24 100ml brown glass bottles off of the Amazon for about £20 delivered. Nice thick bottles and ideal for juices and nicotine. I reckon splitting down to 100ml bottles would be ideal as then there less chance of wastage if it wasn't used for a while. That's what I'm planning on doing with the last 500ml in my freezer. :)
Yes make larger quantities and freeze it all except custards that will be used in the next six months or the weather warms up too much.
Some thats to be vaped soon gets fridged.
I put it in 250ml bottles from lucimill and decant 100ml out at a time into droppers.
Normally got 4-5 flavours out at a time.
Ive been using boots lately for VG as a short term stop gap which come in 200ml glass bottles for 99p so will use the VG and use them for now to decant the remainder of my nic.

If you need a link just let me know. :D
Thank you.
I used to buy bottles in the begining but over time ive ended up recycling any good ones that concentrates, vg or pg, and nic came in and ive still got 9 out of the ten original 1ltr vg bottles i got from minerals water as theyre perfect for mixing a litre of juice in.

Yes make larger quantities and freeze it all except custards that will be used in the next six months or the weather warms up too much.
Some thats to be vaped soon gets fridged.
I put it in 250ml bottles from lucimill and decant 100ml out at a time into droppers.
Normally got 4-5 flavours out at a time.
Ive been using boots lately for VG as a short term stop gap which come in 200ml glass bottles for 99p so will use the VG and use them for now to decant the remainder of my nic.
Just a thought - does eliquid not sweat when in the fridge? And if so does this really matter considering it's in a closed container?

I'd heard about Boots vg a few times. A squid for 200 ml? That's not too bad considering Darkstar is £3.49 for 1 litre and then p&p. So use the Boots' vg bottles for your mixes too? They are brown glass aren't they? Is the Boots vg sweeter or anything?

I agree - some good info being shared here. Well done fellas! :D

Just a thought - does eliquid not sweat when in the fridge? And if so does this really matter considering it's in a closed container?

I'd heard about Boots vg a few times. A squid for 200 ml? That's not too bad considering Darkstar is £3.49 for 1 litre and then p&p. So use the Boots' vg bottles for your mixes too? They are brown glass aren't they? Is the Boots vg sweeter or anything?

I agree - some good info being shared here. Well done fellas! :D
Boots vg comes in clear bottles and is pharmaceutical grade which is slightly purer than others as a lot of vg is food grade with slightly more impurities.
No idea about fridge sweat but presume it maybe relating to evaporation in the bottle which cant go anywhere anyway.
A squid is pretty good for 200ml of pharma grade as ill pay nearly 7 quid plus postage from minerals water.
Only difference is the boots stuff and pharma grade will be less naturally sweet than most food grade which suits me.

Boots vg comes in clear bottles and is pharmaceutical grade which is slightly purer than others as a lot of vg is food grade with slightly more impurities.
No idea about fridge sweat but presume it maybe relating to evaporation in the bottle which cant go anywhere anyway.
A squid is pretty good for 200ml of pharma grade as ill pay nearly 7 quid plus postage from minerals water.
Only difference is the boots stuff and pharma grade will be less naturally sweet than most food grade which suits me.
Well I never knew that! I'll have to try some. Perhaps if it isn't as sweet I'll try using it in mixes where sweeter tastes aren't required. Or is the difference more subtle than what I'm thinking?

Either way I'll look to pick some up as for the price it beats online and saves on p&p and waiting for despatch.

I'll update here if and when I get some as a guide to anyone else who is wondering.

Cheers @StrawberryRipple! :D

Well I never knew that! I'll have to try some. Perhaps if it isn't as sweet I'll try using it in mixes where sweeter tastes aren't required. Or is the difference more subtle than what I'm thinking?

Either way I'll look to pick some up as for the price it beats online and saves on p&p and waiting for despatch.

I'll update here if and when I get some as a guide to anyone else who is wondering.

Cheers @StrawberryRipple! :D
I dont use sweetner in my juices so i notice it quite a lot.

Boots VG tastes like Coconut, which is where they refine it from (I asked them a while ago), which implies to me that it's refined in a less efficient manner. Personally I find Darkstar VG to be more neutral.

I'd mixing up some unflavoured e-liquid so you can get an idea of what your base tastes like and what notes it's imparting into your juice.

Boots VG tastes like Coconut, which is where they refine it from (I asked them a while ago), which implies to me that it's refined in a less efficient manner. Personally I find Darkstar VG to be more neutral.

I'd mixing up some unflavoured e-liquid so you can get an idea of what your base tastes like and what notes it's imparting into your juice.
Never noticed any coconut flavour in it before or any other flavours from any of the others ive tried but i suppose its possible for it to retain trace amounts of odour or flavours.

https://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/what-is-vegetable-glycerin/

Never noticed any coconut flavour in it before or any other flavours from any of the others ive tried but i suppose its possible for it to retain trace amounts of odour or flavours.

https://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/what-is-vegetable-glycerin/

Yeah. Also flavour is subjective I guess so if it works for you then [emoji106]

I used boots glycerine for a year or so, then when I started vaping unflavoured I noticed a coconut taste, which was when I decided to ask them about the source. Once I confirmed that I switched to something else.

It’s still pharmaceutical grade glycerin though so all much of a muchness. [emoji3]

Back
Top Bottom