What's new

Nic storage question

Tazz

Legend
Yeah I'm a dunce with this stuff, new to the nic.
Got some and will keep it in the fridge. But my question is this. I gave it a good shake before hand, the batch shows it was made up in December, its an easy mix of 18mg in a 80vg/20pg mix of 500ml. So right out of the fridge it's thick and glugy. Do I need to let it warm up a bit and become more free flowing to shake it up each time I want to mix with it? Meaning, does the nic separate at all when its sat for any length of time? Or is it that once its been mixed in the carrier I have it in, nothing changes and it doesn't matter?

Room temp...and a good shake every time....to ensure an even balance of said nic throughout your suspension.
Decant into smaller brown glass bottles if you like...fk me Im in Scotland 500ml out the fridge would take all day to get near room temp.:)

Room temp...and a good shake every time....to ensure an even balance of said nic throughout your suspension.
Decant into smaller brown glass bottles if you like...fk me Im in Scotland 500ml out the fridge would take all day to get near room temp.:)
Cool, thanks for that mate, appreciate the info :thumbup:. That wont take long to achieve 30c here right now, 34c tomorrow, 36c the next then 41c followed by 42c. Thank goodness for air conditioning. :sleepy:

yeah....best stored in a cool dark place, are you sure the light in your fridge goes and stays off when you close it;)

I always keep all my nic in the freezer and take it out when I am ready to make some batches up and then put it back when done.

Should I keep a small bottle out all the time in a dark cool cupboard and keep the rest in the freezer? Just wondering so that I don't have to wait for it to defrost. Also means I have nic to hand when I get an instant urge to make a new mix up.

I separate my nic into batches for storage. I make sure it's had a good shake, put around 150ml in an airtight jar and use that for my mixes as it's much easier to syringe out a wide necked jar than a bottle. I keep that in a cold dark cupboard and the rest I put into 120ml bottles and store in the freezer. When I run low, I take a bottle out the freezer and empty it into the jar when it's at room temp.

Probably don't need to separate into batches that small but it's just the bottle size I always have on hand. I think nic keeps for around a year in a cold dark place, longer in a freezer but don't quote me on that. Never had a batch of nic last longer than a year so I can't verify

I make sure its well mixed up then stick it in the freezer.
I have used it straight out the freezer many times and not noticed an issue but have thought a bout it before.
I have 2ltrs left which im going to seperate in to smaller bottles for this purpose just in case as its been in there 12 months already.
For the record once the juice ive made has had the desired rest time i stick that in the freezer too.

I make sure its well mixed up then stick it in the freezer.
I have used it straight out the freezer many times and not noticed an issue but have thought a bout it before.
I have 2ltrs left which im going to seperate in to smaller bottles for this purpose just in case as its been in there 12 months already.
For the record once the juice ive made has had the desired rest time i stick that in the freezer too.
Interesting indeed! Do you make larger quantities of a certain flavour and freeze it in smaller bottles or something? Never thought of putting my finished juice to freeze also.

On a side note - if you're looking for bottles to split your nic into I recently bought a set of 24 100ml brown glass bottles off of the Amazon for about £20 delivered. Nice thick bottles and ideal for juices and nicotine. I reckon splitting down to 100ml bottles would be ideal as then there less chance of wastage if it wasn't used for a while. That's what I'm planning on doing with the last 500ml in my freezer. :)

Back
Top Bottom