What's new

Nic salts and flavour

I have a little drop of cap v1 in the cupboard that’s been there for a year and still hasn’t changed flavour or colour. I’m not puffing it as it tastes a bit rank (because it never steeped).
@Gitchy do your think your nic might still have some unsalted freebase floating about in it? I’ve had some that had too much benzoic acid added before. Maybe yours didn’t have enough to salt it all?
This is spot zou, I've had the same results as you with salts no steeping at all on my 9 month old control bottle and as we know I've experimented a lot with salt and freebase including steeping freebase in small amounts with concentrates before adding salt to combat the steeping issue so something can't be right with the nic [emoji4]

I remember trying a nic salts eliquid in the very early days of its inception and remember it tasing like s##t..I thought it was actually salty tasting..it was a fruit flavour I think..and not tried anything with nic salts since hence the few questions..

I remember trying a nic salts eliquid in the very early days of its inception and remember it tasing like s##t..I thought it was actually salty tasting..it was a fruit flavour I think..and not tried anything with nic salts since hence the few questions..
They have changed a lot Aj and some of my favourite tasting liquids are salt based so definitely worth revisiting them if there sparking curiosity, start with something cheap and nice tasting like the ionic range over at
https://www.electrictobacconist.co.uk/ionic-salts-mixed-berry-10ml-nic-salt-e-liquid-p7892

One of my favourite to be honest [emoji4]

They have changed a lot Aj and some of my favourite tasting liquids are salt based so definitely worth revisiting them if there sparking curiosity, start with something cheap and nice tasting like the ionic range over at
https://www.electrictobacconist.co.uk/ionic-salts-mixed-berry-10ml-nic-salt-e-liquid-p7892

One of my favourite to be honest [emoji4]
Roger that..thanks..ordered 50ml 72mg nic salts so will experiment..I’m hoping it’s better for me/or I like it more than freebase for some reason..and it’s shake and vape so will do a few 10ml trials.

Roger that..thanks..ordered 50ml 72mg nic salts so will experiment..I’m hoping it’s better for me/or I like it more than freebase for some reason..and it’s shake and vape so will do a few 10ml trials.
It's worth a try mate I don't think it's better than freebase and for some juice it can just ruin it, like anything with cream or custard it seems to remove depth of flavour and make a complex custard taste like a one dimensional single flavour but for fruits if your recipes are right they are spot on and vape so different [emoji4]

@Gitchy do your think your nic might still have some unsalted freebase floating about in it? I’ve had some that had too much benzoic acid added before. Maybe yours didn’t have enough to salt it all?

I dunno mate. I've had 3 or 4 bottles from different places now. Including some from the states. I do exclusively vape fruity mixes though so that might be why I feel they steep a little. Probably psychosomatic.

I have noticed my ice cream recipe is a little flat with the salts.

As I understand it there’s a fine balance with the amount of reagent you add. Too much and it’s saturated with benzoic acid floating about and too little and some freebase nic remains. Somehow I suspect it’s not necessarily always scientists that are mixing this up.

@mattyk2010 I’ve found that some tobaccos can work ok with it, yet others just come out shit. There doesn’t seem to be any pattern I’ve noticed, though. It’s very hit or miss.

My experience as well, I don't like throat hit at all so when the first salts hit the market I went full hog (never a good idea) and made 500ml of various liquids I love at 6mg (I normally vape at 1.5mg or 3mg for MTL - the reasoning being I'd vape less due to the higher nic satisfying my nic cravings), let them steep for a month and then promptly emptied all bottles in the toilet. They had a ferocious throat hit and the flavours I knew very well were muted/altered, they'd turned to shit basically and were unvapable. Waste of money and ingredients, never went back.

Back
Top Bottom