What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Nic salts and flavour

AJT

Veteran
Hi when mixing diy eliquid or shortfils and adding your nicotine does using nic salts instead of regular freebase
Affect the flavour in anyway..I’ve only mixed using regular freebase 7.2I’m considering trying nic salts 7.2 over freebase to see if I get on with it but wondering about the flavour change..if any..

A few of us have found that it doesn’t steep. The flavour stays the same as it was when you first mixed it. So if it’s a flavour that benefits from or needs a steep it’s not great. Some others find the salt nic itself has a distinct taste which some don’t like.

Maybe pick up a small bottle first to see if you like it.

A few of us have found that it doesn’t steep. The flavour stays the same as it was when you first mixed it. So if it’s a flavour that benefits from or needs a steep it’s not great. Some others find the salt nic itself has a distinct taste which some don’t like.

Maybe pick up a small bottle first to see if you like it.
Cheers is that the same for adding to a shortfil...doh course it will be...that’s what I will do..a test with some 0mg
I guess if it don’t steep you can just shake and vape..

I've found that it does steep. Just takes a bit longer than freebase. I have a juice that usually takes a week to get to it's best but with nic salts (I mix mine at 12mg) it takes around 3 weeks till it's as nice.

I think most folk will diy nic salts for pods and use very high amounts so I personally think the lower the strength the quicker the steep, but still slower than regular nic.

It's all very subjective so the best thing to do is as Zou suggests and get a small amount to try first and see how it works for you.

@Gitchy and @zouzounaki

Um hey that's good to know that it doesn't steep thanks yall. But umm if it doesn't steep, when I get my juice from my vape shop how should I do it? They just started doing nic salts. And I wanna get the nic salts instead. I like salts better. But they make my juice for me when I get there cause I vape 100% VG hazelnut.

@Gitchy and @zouzounaki

Um hey that's good to know that it doesn't steep thanks yall. But umm if it doesn't steep, when I get my juice from my vape shop how should I do it? They just started doing nic salts. And I wanna get the nic salts instead. I like salts better. But they make my juice for me when I get there cause I vape 100% VG hazelnut.

As I said it's all very subjective. You might not notice a difference at all. It may be that they have the juice mixed up already, kind of like a shortfill, and then add the nic after. Some people do mix that way and it works for them. Others prefer the nic in first.

Personally I feel it takes a little longer to steep, but then I steep my juices for longer than most folk anyway, a shake and vape for most to me is a week in a cupboard!

As I said it's all very subjective. You might not notice a difference at all. It may be that they have the juice mixed up already, kind of like a shortfill, and then add the nic after. Some people do mix that way and it works for them. Others prefer the nic in first.

Personally I feel it takes a little longer to steep, but then I steep my juices for longer than most folk anyway, a shake and vape for most to me is a week in a cupboard!

Think I'll have to call em up and ask them if they can make me up a bottle of my juice. And then when I come in they can add my nic salts to it. That way it can steep before I come in for it.

Cause it steeps here at my house. I get it and it's clear. By time the week is over it's a caramel color

I have a little drop of cap v1 in the cupboard that’s been there for a year and still hasn’t changed flavour or colour. I’m not puffing it as it tastes a bit rank (because it never steeped).

@Gitchy do your think your nic might still have some unsalted freebase floating about in it? I’ve had some that had too much benzoic acid added before. Maybe yours didn’t have enough to salt it all?

Back
Top Bottom