What's new

Nic dilution

JETMooreD

Hi everyone this is probably a silly question but if I was to mix my 100ml of 72mg pg base nic with 100ml of pg would that be a base of 36mg nic? Thank you in advance.

Yes, but you're probably better off working out your final nic target and calculating your vg, pg, nic & flavour percentages. Keep the nic at 72mg/ml it's much more flexible that way.

For example if you get a 30ml of something that's 0 nic and want to make it up to 6 adding some extra nic at 72mg/ml is gonna dilute the flavour half as much as having to add the nic already diluted down 36mg/ml

Thanks guys, I was mainly asking because I'm a wimp when it comes to handling nic, thought that if I diluted it there was less chance of me killing myself haha

Not that I'm recommending it, but a little spill or a bit on the skin isn't going to harm an adult human. Wear gloves, if you get any on your skin rinse it off as soon as is practical, dry your hands on something that's getting thrown away or washed not just hung back in your kitchen. Wash your hands thoroughly once you've finished your mixing session. And keep kids and pets well away.

Ok thank you Nero, I should just man up a bit and go for it haha. I have made up a few 10ml test batches just over a week ago but they are currently 9ml as I haven't put the 1ml of nic in them yet. Won't effect them steeping without nic for a bit will it?

Ok thank you Nero, I should just man up a bit and go for it haha. I have made up a few 10ml test batches just over a week ago but they are currently 9ml as I haven't put the 1ml of nic in them yet. Won't effect them steeping without nic for a bit will it?
You're better to add the nic straight away as part of the steeping process involves a certain amount of reaction with the Nic - hence the colour change you often see with Nic based juices as they steep...

Back
Top Bottom