What's new

Nic before or after???

Kieran Woodward

Postman
Evening Apes,

I am looking into DIYing my own liquids and have a question.

I am aware that this question has been asked before in another thread (https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...hreads/nicotine-before-or-after-steep.147591/)

But has anyone has anyone got any more thoughts or anything to add as to whether it is better to add nicotine before or after a steep?

Also could anyone point me in the direction of a decent and not overly expensive set of scales? My kids need shoes!

Steeping in my opinion is the nicotine blending with the flavouring so steeping without nic would be pointless, I now steep my concentrates and nic and once steeped add my VG/PG and I'm getting fantastic results doing so [emoji4]

Oh, I never thought of doing that @mattyk2010. I'll look into trying both methods, I'll mix everything and steep and then mix just flavours and steep and see which one I prefer.

Thanks for the scales recommend @StrawberryRipple. I see that there is no difference in price between the 0.01/100 and 0.01/200. Bigger one it is, happy days.

Thanks @MrDJ. I've had a browse of your thread already, loads of knowledge and a massive help. I've also had a browse through @Huggett shopping list too, again very helpful.

Just a case of working out where to get my stuff from now and finding a recipe with some decent percentages in. Some of them seem to be way higher than what others are suggesting. I imagine it is a lot of trial and error until you find something that suits your taste and style.

I mix a huge bottle of VG and nic base* and let that mix well and store it. Mixing is then just sticking flavours in a bottle and topping it up with the base and some extra VG if required. Less chance of hotspots that way if you shake and vape.

As for scales.. if you find liquid-proof ones let me know. I'm a messy bugger.

* I make my base about 20% stronger than I am aiming for so when it's diluted with around 20% flavour the nic level should be almost spot on.

from what i have been reading its
freebase nicotine before and nic salt near the end

or freebase with the flavors for a few days then add the base
salts slow the steep process

Steeping in my opinion is the nicotine blending with the flavouring so steeping without nic would be pointless, I now steep my concentrates and nic and once steeped add my VG/PG and I'm getting fantastic results doing so [emoji4]

Now that's an idea I've never considered before.

Are you finding that method speeds up the steeping time?

Back
Top Bottom