What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Newbie needs help with recipe

Danny1984

Initiate
hi all,
Just this week I decided to give diy e juice ago. I made first mistake by ordering random flavours that I liked the sound of and didn't think about what would go with what etc...
I made a juice 3 days ago and it was disgusting :(
Can anyone come up with a nice combo with what I have? I like sweet and creamy flavours or nice and fruity so easily pleased, or so I thought... Here are my flavours.....
Cinnamon swirl, blueberry waffle, blueberry extra, Boston cream pie, coffee and hazelnut, vanilla gelato, lemon and lime, orange, passion fruit.
Any advice would be great!
Oh also is crock pot method good for steeping??
Thanks
Dan

Oh you certainly picked some randoms there didnt you!

Coffee is a hard one to do right.

Start by mixing the swirl and boston each just as a one shot. 10% flavour then whatever pg/vg/nic ratio you would use.

Leave them for 3-6 weeks to brew and then try them.

Vanilla at 8% with 2% passionfruit (i find passionfruit to be a bit like water melon and is quite over powering) again your usual base mix. Leave for 7-14 days to brew.

Lemon&lime 7% orange 3% with usual base mix. Should be a shake and vape.

Only mix 10ml bottles, write notes as you go along so you know where you want to tweak things.

Maybe buy a cream (baverian cream is my fave) and a biscuit concentrate, with a custard as well. That way you can have a "base flavour" to work with all your others.

The above is just a guide, to get you going and sadly I cannot offer much more info at this stage.

Good luck, have fun and have a think of premades that you like as many of us know how to make our own versions, which are to our tastes.

@Danny1984

Dont use a crock pot as it wont be pure, wash out your old 10, 20, 50, 100ml bottles in warm soapy (washing up liquid) water, rinse loads and leave to dry.

Thanks miss pepper!
This will teach me to dive in and not think enough about what I'm ordering.
I will try your suggestions and order some vanilla, cream and biscuit base to help me out with mixing something nice.
Dan

Have you seen The eliquid recipes site? It lets you add flavours from your stash and will bring up what recipes can be made with your available flavours.

It would be useful to do this as your starting. I didn't realise this until quite far on and 200+ Flavours later, I can't be bothered to add them all now.

Back
Top Bottom