What's new

New to mixology looking for help

Rudi

Postman
Hi all , decide to start mix my own liquids and I have read a lot of the info but still didn't find exactly what I am looking.
I am looking to start with some simple recipes ( just one flavour for now ) but can't decide which one should I choose.
The flavours I want to start with are :
Irish Cream
Cofee
Cappuccino
Espresso
Tobaco
Also found something called "Irn Bru" anyone have any experience with?
I am looking to get a good , strong , natural flavour without the need to use sweetener.
All the recipe or concentrates I will try will get a review but first I will need your help.
Please let me know some specific flavour you all ready tried , worthing to start with.

Right now the main eliquid I use is Rocket Fog Uthopia and this is one of the reason looking at Irish Cream.
The main kit I am using is a squanker with Dead Rabbit dual coil , brochrome at 0.3ohm and 45W.( not sure how important is but I learned that some eliquids are better for sub-ohm vaping and other are better for over 1ohm vaping)

L.E.
What are FA and PA flavours please???

Last edited:
I can't help with recommendations as I don't use those flavours, but FA is Flavourart, which you can get cheaper from Dark Star repackaged as Dark Arts, and also from Chef's, repackaged as Flavour Creative.

PA is The Perfumer's Apprentice, also known as The Flavourer's Apprentice or TFA.

A message to you, @Rudi ...

You could try Flavour art RY4. It’s a tobacco flavour with caramel/vanilla notes. There are many varieties of RY4 but i find the FA one extremely good and it’s very strong mixed at only 5%. I usually do it at 2-3%.

So....just received my 6 x10ml concetrates from Flavourart and I am ready to mix them. A 2% will be ok for the start or should I go higher? I know it's different for each person and each flavour but I just need a starting point and after that I will adapt my ratio based on my preferences.

So....just received my 6 x10ml concetrates from Flavourart and I am ready to mix them. A 2% will be ok for the start or should I go higher? I know it's different for each person and each flavour but I just need a starting point and after that I will adapt my ratio based on my preferences.
Mixing just 5-7ml at 2% is as good a place as any to start. This will allow you to assess them without wasting precious concentrates and you can adjust percentages up or down from there.

Today is the day when I start
I made 8 bottles @10ml 70/30 and 3mg nic
Espresso Creme , Irish Cream , Chocolate , Cappuccino , Coffee Espresso and Madagascar (Vanilla Classic)
Made 1 bottle of each so I can taste every flavour by it's own @5% flavour
And 2 more bottles with 4 flavours : Irish Cream 5% , Coffee Espresso 3% , Chocolate 2% and Madagascar (Vanilla Classic) 2%
I did 2 bottles so one I can try it every day and 1 to leave for at least 1 week
All bottle was shaked and then went on the ultrasonic cleaner for 2 x 8 mins then out and in the cupboard ( warm and dark place)
Tried one of the 4 flavours bottle just from curiosity and is it very harsh and sore but I was expecting that.
Now a lot of people are saying to leave the bottles with the cap of for couple hours and the harshnes will go away, did you find this helping or steeping is the best answer for? Any other advices please?

I never leave the cap off. FA concentrates don’t have alcohol. 3% will be way too strong for the espresso, it’s extremely potent. You might be able to use your 10ml bottle in you recipes, in fact.

This is what I want to try later....to mix different bottles. I can feel the espresso is very strong giving a sore taste to the 4 flavours bottle but thinking the time will change that. Want to leave them like that for now and check in time how they will change. Note added to reduce the espresso....

I don't think anyone has anything definitive about the benefits of leaving the tops off and it's probably just an old wife's tale.

You will lose flavour leaving them off too long but a couple of hours won't do any harm.

Back
Top Bottom