What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

New to mixing.

thebody

Initiate
Hi

Well after four years of vaping and with the new laws looming. I've finally decided to bite the bullet and make my own.

I'm a man with simple tastes and i tend to get bored off flavours quickly. But I tend to stick to menthol and fruity flavours.

Having vaped for years, I have my regular websites i use to purchase things. But I'm looking for recommendations on where to start. Which websites do people use to buy their supplies? Which brand of flavour concentrates do people use?

Any other advice wouldn't got a miss.

Thanks

I've always got my pg, vg and nicotine from Darkstar.
Concentrates are mainly from Vapable or Flavourart UK.
Oneshot concentrates are what I use most of nowadays and get them from Mixshop ( great selection there, you can't go wrong for quality )
Bigjuiceuk are also pretty good, especially for the lemon tart concentrate
http://www.darkstarvapour.co.uk
http://vapable.com
http://www.flavourart.co.uk
https://www.mixshop.co.uk
https://www.bigjuiceuk.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=53

Thanks Mick
Ordered some stuff from Vapable and Darkstar. Hopefully I can mix some flavours I like

You're better off getting oneshots when starting out, DIY recipes are difficult to nail with separate ingredients. Darkstar do decent/quality oneshots as well, BUT at a cheaper price.

Thanks Mick
Ordered some stuff from Vapable and Darkstar. Hopefully I can mix some flavours I like
Your welcome.
Definitely worth trying some oneshots though. Check the Mixshop out. Cotswold juice's are amazing and they also stock plenty of other makes of interest.

Hi

Well after four years of vaping and with the new laws looming. I've finally decided to bite the bullet and make my own.

I'm a man with simple tastes and i tend to get bored off flavours quickly. But I tend to stick to menthol and fruity flavours.

Having vaped for years, I have my regular websites i use to purchase things. But I'm looking for recommendations on where to start. Which websites do people use to buy their supplies? Which brand of flavour concentrates do people use?

Any other advice wouldn't got a miss.

Thanks
If you like fruits and menthol and are after an easy introduction i cannot recommend Drip Hacks enough to you - they have a wide range of flavours which are available as one shots or as 'hack shots' which are enough concentrate to make 250/500ml in a bottle of the right size - you just pour in VG/PG/Nic and shake... they really love their fruits with menthol or koolada mixed so I'm sure you'll find plenty to choose from

Thanks for all the advice, but I went full DIY rather then the one shots. I'm very picky with flavours, so can experiment. Already made my first batch Red Astaire mixed with a little undertone of cherryade. Quite nice just need a little less red Astaire next time.

Thanks for all the advice, but I went full DIY rather then the one shots. I'm very picky with flavours, so can experiment. Already made my first batch Red Astaire mixed with a little undertone of cherryade. Quite nice just need a little less red Astaire next time.

Quite nice is quite a good start and it should only get better each time you tweak it.

Do you use a dripper? They make developing recipes easier.

If you experiment to find your preferred percentage for your single concentrates, tested in a dripper. You can decide at this stage if you like the idea of a flavour as the primary basis of a mix or whether it is more like a secondary or background flavour.
Take a likely primary flavour and start vaping then add a second flavour, vape a while deciding on the rough ratio of primary and secondary flavour you like, this will give you an idea of proportions for a two flavour mix, you can then try a third flavour.

You will soon have a mixture of 2,3 or4 flavour mixes and single flavour test mixes which you can test in a dripper in the same way.

Tonight I am testing a recipe that has been evolving for over two years, but because my supplier no longer sells some of the flavours I used, I have an approximation of a multi flavour mix I used to be happy with (which is still ok) and three new single flavour mixes.Without even changing the wick I am vaping the sinle flavours for a while, then the main mix, then the main mix with one of the new flavours. I have learned of the new flavours. One will easily fit in the recipe but is similar to other flavours I use, one is interesting but will be a background flavour at a small percentage, the other has no place in this mix, but could be background in something else.

You can do something similar with a tank, Mix your single flavours then make a series of blends that take your fancy. Much easier with a dripper though.

Just throwing it out there, it may or may not be of use to you. You are doing the right thing in my book in starting simple and going for improvement with each mix.

Enjoy.

Quite nice is quite a good start and it should only get better each time you tweak it.

If you experiment to find your preferred percentage for your single concentrates, tested in a dripper. You can decide at this stage if you like the idea of a flavour as the primary basis of a mix or whether it is more like a secondary or background flavour.
Take a likely primary flavour and start vaping then add a second flavour, vape a while deciding on the rough ratio of primary and secondary flavour you like, this will give you an idea of proportions for a two flavour mix, you can then try a third flavour.

You will soon have a mixture of 2,3 or4 flavour mixes and single flavour test mixes which you can test in a dripper in the same way.

Tonight I am testing a recipe that has been evolving for over two years, but because my supplier no longer sells some of the flavours I used, I have an approximation of a multi flavour mix I used to be happy with (which is still ok) and three new single flavour mixes.Without even changing the wick I am vaping the sinle flavours for a while, then the main mix, then the main mix with one of the new flavours. I have learned of the new flavours. One will easily fit in the recipe but is similar to other flavours I use, one is interesting but will be a background flavour at a small percentage, the other has no place in this mix, but could be background in something else.

You can do something similar with a tank, Mix your single flavours then make a series of blends that take your fancy. Much easier with a dripper though.

Just throwing it out there, it may or may not be of use to you. You are doing the right thing in my book in starting simple and going for improvement with each mix.

Enjoy.

Enjoy.

Thanks for the advice.
I purchased my first RDA when I decided to start mixing my own juices. I mainly use RTA's but I'm certainly no expert in building them. Still takes me some time to build a deck. Took me an hour to build the dripper was so fiddly. I've made a few juices now. My favourite at the mo is Menthol with a undertone of blueberry. A lot nicer then a lot of the pre made juices I've tried. Feel like I've been missing out for so long. The rest are currently maturing in the cupboard like a fine wine. I've tweaked my first juice and will try it later in the week and I've mixed menthol and forest fruits. All at 40PG 60VG 3MG Nic. Quite enjoy doing my own stuff

You lucky man! Took me quite a while to get to the quite nice stage when first began mixing. My first month was vile!

https://www.lediypourlesnuls.com (Good recipe site for clones, it's French but Google will translate)

Good luck and enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom