What's new

New homemade eliquid tastes harsh?

Kevstar

Staff member
Hi every one, I've recently got into making my own e liquid and it tastes harsh. I usually vape 80vg/20pg but as I was unaware the flavouring was pg based. My new mix is 65vg/35pg (Base liquid comes in 80vg/20pg and added 15 % flavouring)

I have vaped the liquid without any flavouring and it is smooth so could it be that its simply the higher pg that is making it harsh to vape?

I'm going to buy some more VG but this time max VG, am I on the right track or am I doing some thing wrong.

I'm only using nic shots at a strength of 1.5 added after I make my liquid just like you do when you buy a short fill. and its 100% VG

Thanks in advance, Kev

Why not buy the base as separate bottles of VG and PG, then you can adjust the mix quantities to suit whatever you like?

Yep that seems like a good idea, funnily enough I was just looking at prices for both on every thing e liquid as advertised on POTV, which leads me to another question, are all VG liquids equal because it ranges from £ 7.50 to 19.00 for a litre(depending where you shop) what's the difference?

18mg/ml nic shots + flavouring(s) + VG
don't used premixed diluent

PG is the most likely culprit. Only other possibility is something about the flavouring not agreeing with you, which is less likely.

Yep that seems like a good idea, funnily enough I was just looking at prices for both on every thing e liquid as advertised on POTV, which leads me to another question, are all VG liquids equal because it ranges from £ 7.50 to 19.00 for a litre what's the difference?
no
Buy litre bottles of 99.5% pure VG from Lucemill via ebay

Back
Top Bottom