What's new

New DIY'er Looking for any Tips and advice

I dont mix by weight so cant help.

Banana needs a while to steep before vaping.

I can vape some 3mg pre mades ok, others it's too much nic. DIY i mix between 2-2.5mg nic. I wouldnt say vendors mix is wrong when it comes to the nic, depending the vendor there could be sweetners etc used hence the difference between diy and premade.

Just keep trying different mixes, try other flavours and keep at it.

If blue slush is anything like black slush it needs to steep for several weeks before vaping.

Ok so I have just tried a mix I did last night of the blue slush at 2mg nic strength and the harshness seems to be completely gone :2thumbsup:
the real test will be when I have my first vape of the day tomorrow morning as that is when I haven’t built up a tolerance to the harshness.

How would I go about diluting some of the mixes I have already made down from 3mg to 2mg?
If I added the same mix again but only at 1mg would that do the trick?
For example I have a mango flavoured mix that’s 10ml @ 3mg if I added another 10ml mix but @ 1mg would that make 20ml at 2mg or am I wrong?

Mix some at 0% and add half the amount to the 3mg liquid. I think that would be right. So that would be, 10ml 0mg to 20ml 3mg. Should give you 30ml 2mg. I think. Someone correct me if I’m wrong...

Ok so I have just tried a mix I did last night of the blue slush at 2mg nic strength and the harshness seems to be completely gone :2thumbsup:
the real test will be when I have my first vape of the day tomorrow morning as that is when I haven’t built up a tolerance to the harshness.

How would I go about diluting some of the mixes I have already made down from 3mg to 2mg?
If I added the same mix again but only at 1mg would that do the trick?
For example I have a mango flavoured mix that’s 10ml @ 3mg if I added another 10ml mix but @ 1mg would that make 20ml at 2mg or am I wrong?
Correct but so is @zouzounaki so both will work.

Hi all been a little while,
I’ve mixed a lot of single flavour concentrates and elr recipes at 2mg and some at 1.5mg.
Now this is where it gets a little complicated I believed that dropping the nic down from 3mg would solve the harshness I had been getting, but it’s still there in a lot of my mixes!
I have tried 2 sources of vg based nicotine and the results are always the same, good flavour but harsh undertone (on the lower nic mixes I have done recently) and the 3mg to harsh to get the flavours through!
I have been comparing the actual taste of my liquids (1 small drop on the finger) to that of bought liquids.
Doing the taste test the difference I have noticed is that my diy mixes have a slightly spicey note on the back of the throat whereas the premium bought ones do not?
Is this a sign of bad nicotine?
All advice welcome I really want to get to the bottom of this issue it’s driving me crazy lol

Do a small batch (10-30ml) without nic, if that taste fine then the problem is with your nic. If you still get a weird taste without nic, then it is maybe just the concentrate you are using.

You can even just try a clear mix of Vg/PG (no concentrates or nic) see if that taste weird.

Do a small batch (10-30ml) without nic, if that taste fine then the problem is with your nic. If you still get a weird taste without nic, then it is maybe just the concentrate you are using.

You can even just try a clear mix of Vg/PG (no concentrates or nic) see if that taste weird.

Yeh I have tried both methods and they taste lovely and smooth so I’m right to conclude a bad VG Nic base is my problem.

Back
Top Bottom