What's new

Need help with first mix

yamyam91

Initiate
Hello All,

Need some of your help with my first mix.

Decided im sick of getting ripped off by juice prices.

I've got 2 options that i think suite me best. Buy some pre-mixed base from ether Darkstar or Juice Cabin.
Has anyone got any recommendations for ether, Juice cabin is cheaper than darkstar for 250ml of base but does this compromise the quality of the base?

Also to start me off i was thinking of buying some One shot concentrates from chefs flavour, problem is if i was to buy 6mg base and add the flavoring at the recommended % how much would that take off the 6mg? would it make the mix weaker?

Bit of a newbie so any help would be amazing

Hi! Making your own juices is easy and fun. Obviously different people go about things in different ways. I personally wouldn't recommend buying a pre-mixed base. It is very expensive for what it is and using online mixing calculators it's very easy to know how much vg, pg and nic to add yourself.

Depending on your nic level and pg/vg ratio preference just pick up the 3 items from darkstar. (For example maybe 100ml nic, 1L vg and 500ml pg)

I am a big fan of oneshots, and think it's a great way to start mixing, with some really nice ones out there. I use chefs flavours for the majority of my oneshots.

Another thing to consider is whether you want to mix by weight or volume. I used to use syringes and measuring beakers to mix by volume (ml), but now I mix by weight and find it much quicker, easier and with nothing to clean up afterwards.

Obv wait for other opinions, and keep asking any questions you may have. [emoji106][emoji2]

Was thinking for ease of my first time "Mixing" maybe pre mixed base was the best idea.

Have looked into using a e liquid calculator but when it comes out to "4.17ml" im finding it difficult to figure out how to actually measure this out?

How do mix by weight? what do you need to do this?

Really i'm just looking for the cheapest and best possible way to make good liquid that doesn't cost me an arm and a leg every week to buy..

Darkstar is a well respected vendor for diy supplies. You can buy 250ml of pre mixed base for £10 (+ delivery). As soon as you add anything to the base the nic level and the pg/vg ratio will change.

If you spend £16 at Darkstar on pg, vg and nic you'll have enough base ingredients to make over 1.25L of juice. If you want to start with premixed base though, it may be a way to get into mixing your own juice.

If measuring by weight you just need a good set of scales (maybe £20), your ingredients, some bottles to fill and I personally use bottles with nozzles to dispense the ingredients straight into the bottle I am making up. It's just a case of taking your time, having all the amounts of the ingredients written down next to you, ticking them off as you put them in, and remembering to zero the scales again after each item added. No washing up, no mess.

To mix by weight you'll need a selection of beakers and syringes, enough to not need to wash out and dry syringes between each ingredient. They can be bought quite cheap, but I it depends what amounts of juice you'll be mixing up as to what particular syringes and beakers you'll need. [emoji106]

Thanks for your help yesterday, pulled the trigger on the boss shots from flavor boss, 500ml boss shot of Kanzi and 500ml boss shot of OHW muffin man, 1ltr of nicotine, 1ltr of PG and 1ltr of VG, hopefully should all arrive by the end of the week so the weekend can be spent mixing.

Again thank you for the help.

Back
Top Bottom