What's new

Need a great caramel/toffee recipe

Mr Numpty

Veteran
Does anyone know of one? Friend of mine wants a caramel type juice and I can't be arsed making a hundred experiments to come up with a good one as I'm not looking to vape it myself. Could feature anything else but caramel/toffee would have to be the top note. Thanks.

Maybe RY4D 10% (like it a bit higher myself) FA caramel 5%, FA marshmallow 4%. I like it. Dunno, that's the only real one i have made with caramel.

Try an existing recipe (the cannoli one you posted is a good example), with caramel added, and perhaps some of the other flavours reduced or removed.

I've found the key to good caramel mixes to be a premixed caramel base - toffee, caramel, butterscotch in equal amounts with a touch of maple and brown sugar. After a couple of weeks this mixture becomes very pungent and the strength increases exponentially.

Try an existing recipe (the cannoli one you posted is a good example), with caramel added, and perhaps some of the other flavours reduced or removed.

I've found the key to good caramel mixes to be a premixed caramel base - toffee, caramel, butterscotch in equal amounts with a touch of maple and brown sugar. After a couple of weeks this mixture becomes very pungent and the strength increases exponentially.
I'll give that a try, thanks. I have a multitude of caramel/toffee/maple/brown sugar concentrates so I'll make up a caramel base and maybe use it with a cream base and hint of banana or something. I've been quite surprised with the scarcity of caramel type recipes out there though. I'd have thought it would have been a popular enough profile but I haven't found anything well rated on ELR.
Thanks Ment.

I go through a lot of these:

1.5% FA caramel
3% FA vienna cream
0.5% FA fig, or 0.5% FA butterscotch.

Both variations are very good, to me.

I think the vienna cream somehow brings out the caramel, even though the cream is the main flavour in the mix.

I go through a lot of these:

1.5% FA caramel
3% FA vienna cream
0.5% FA fig, or 0.5% FA butterscotch.

Both variations are very good, to me.
Thank you. Do those come out as quite bold juices with a strong caramel flavour?

For me, aye, sometimes I mix it at 1%/2%/0.5%. But you can scale the ratios. up/down to your preference. The caramel and vienna cream in that ratio 1:2 is a great base I find, but also excellent just as it is as well. I sometimes add lemon, for example.

Back
Top Bottom