What's new

My first home brew, V V's Vamp Toes Question

Vaping Daz

Initiate
Hi all.

After just buying the necessary kit, I made my first ever home brew today.

I've been on Vampire Vape's Vamp Toes for some months now and just love it, so I got the concentrate. I've only mixed up 10ml so far as a tester, and went for 15% flavouring. How long would it need to steep for? I've read that single flavours are quicker at steeping, and then some say it can be vaped immediately, so I'm confused somewhat.
It's 60/40 PG/VG and I'm using 72mg nic which is VG based. I used the ejuice Me Up calculator to get the measurements.

Any advice would be great, thank you

Daz

If it's a fruit flavour then it should be OK pretty quickly but will be better after a week, desert flavours give them a month at least,

Hi all.

After just buying the necessary kit, I made my first ever home brew today.

I've been on Vampire Vape's Vamp Toes for some months now and just love it, so I got the concentrate. I've only mixed up 10ml so far as a tester, and went for 15% flavouring. How long would it need to steep for? I've read that single flavours are quicker at steeping, and then some say it can be vaped immediately, so I'm confused somewhat.
It's 60/40 PG/VG and I'm using 72mg nic which is VG based. I used the ejuice Me Up calculator to get the measurements.

Any advice would be great, thank you

Daz
It should be ready to go straight away but you may notice a slight broadening of the flavour after 48 - 72 hrs...

Thanks a lot for the replies. I've still got 5 x 10ml bottles of shop bought juice to go through, but I may just try this home made brew after a few days, and if I've got it right then I'll knock up half a dozen more, so that should give them at least a week or so untouched.
Is it pertinent to leave them in a cool dark place? I've got my ingredients stored in a locked cupboard in my workshop at home, and I have decanted the nicotine into brown glass bottles as I've read about the large bottle oxidising if repeatedly opened.
I've got plenty of 2ml and 10ml syringes and 14 gauge blunt needles, and plenty of 10 and 30ml plastic dripper style bottles like the shop bought juice comes in.
One further question if I may, what is better? VG or PG based nicotine? I bought 50ml of VG as I wasn't sure, but it sure is thick even after being indoors for 4 days! I guess PG base will be thinner, but I'd rather take advice.

Kind regards

Daz

I use pg based as I also mix at 60pg/40vg but really it's down to personal taste but seeing as you're not mixing vg heavy liquid I would lean to pg based.

I use pg based as I also mix at 60pg/40vg but really it's down to personal taste but seeing as you're not mixing vg heavy liquid I would lean to pg based.

Ok Greebo, thanks for the very quick reply, wow! I wasn't sure, and there's only so many Youtube videos one can watch, but there was a mixed opinion, so went with what I thought was the best "video production" and not one done on someones bed with a propped up iPhone :) I'll see what I get from the VG and will try the PG afterwards, and see what I prefer, but as always, it's good to get opinions of those that make their own.
Thanks again.

When you get settled into the DIY, you might want to consider mixing by weight. It saves faffing about with syringes...A cheap set of scales of Amazon (less than a fiver) and I can mix a 50ml bottle that will last me a week in about 2 minutes. I'm tend to vape fruits as well and as others have said, they are good to vape straight away.

It might be worth "investing" in a coffee frother from the Poundshop as well to get the mixing starting, as well as a small glass mixing jar so you can sterilise it.

Anytime you get stuck or need a chat, just give us a shout matey

Lol, I made a stirrer with a thin straw and cut the ends and splayed them out, then used my battery drill to whizz it up. Same thing really, aeration, but a little more Heath Robinson perhaps :) The coffee stirrer is a good idea though, didn't think of that. Will have to buy one though as Mrs Daz will kill me if I use hers.
I have scales that I use for measuring my chick feeds on, and they go to two decimal places I believe. I don't mind the syringes to use, it's just the washing up afterwards that's a pain! Thanks for the tips, much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom