What's new

My First Attempt At DIY 'Homebrew'

Reverend Green

Postman
So I bit the bullet and ordered a ready-to-go kit from Make My Vape after seeing it advertised on here, and a few days ago the pack arrived... It's sat for a few days until I was ready to give it a go.

Reading a bit on here, I noticed a lot of people who've struggled with DIY at first, which strangely gave me a bit of confidence - who cares if I messed up, it's not like there's not enough gear in the kit to make a few mistakes and still not end up out of pocket. With that in mind, off I set...

On went the Nitrile gloves (blue before you ask), and out came the syringes. I can't taste some eliquids, so I decided to put 20% flavour in to make sure I'll have no problem tasting it.

A quick calculation on the E-Liquid calculator, and I was off, like a proper scientist :22:. In went the VG, PG, Nicotine and flavour. I'm not going to pretend it was more difficult than it was - I only used 1 flavour, so it was all fairly simple... and out of nothing came my first bottle of DIY - some strawberry milkshake.

Gave it a try in the vape, and you know what? It isn't half bad... it's no Moo-Man or Moo Eliquids, but it is vapeable and pretty tasty, if a bit chemically. I'm going to put it in a cupboard overnight, then taste again, then maybe for a week, see if the taste improves.

I'm quite proud of myself :2thumbsup:
IMG_0884.JPG

Piece of cake, what you need is some scales and some one shots, makes life so much easier, scales need to go to 2 decimal places, use darkstar for your supplies there nic is a lot cheaper than mmv

Way to go buddie,chemical taste initially is a sign of a bit of steeping required,give it a week or two you should notice some changes.

Custards if that's your thing you might want to allow 6 weeks or more to steep,although taste being subjective some like em fresher

So I bit the bullet and ordered a ready-to-go kit from Make My Vape after seeing it advertised on here, and a few days ago the pack arrived... It's sat for a few days until I was ready to give it a go.

Reading a bit on here, I noticed a lot of people who've struggled with DIY at first, which strangely gave me a bit of confidence - who cares if I messed up, it's not like there's not enough gear in the kit to make a few mistakes and still not end up out of pocket. With that in mind, off I set...

On went the Nitrile gloves (blue before you ask), and out came the syringes. I can't taste some eliquids, so I decided to put 20% flavour in to make sure I'll have no problem tasting it.

A quick calculation on the E-Liquid calculator, and I was off, like a proper scientist :22:. In went the VG, PG, Nicotine and flavour. I'm not going to pretend it was more difficult than it was - I only used 1 flavour, so it was all fairly simple... and out of nothing came my first bottle of DIY - some strawberry milkshake.

Gave it a try in the vape, and you know what? It isn't half bad... it's no Moo-Man or Moo Eliquids, but it is vapeable and pretty tasty, if a bit chemically. I'm going to put it in a cupboard overnight, then taste again, then maybe for a week, see if the taste improves.

I'm quite proud of myself :2thumbsup:
View attachment 113333

We absolutely love your post! And the printed label?! What a professional approach :) Good luck with all your mixes, remember that all the mixes need to mature to develop better flavour. Just like good wine or cheese ;) Let us know if you need any help or advice! We are happy to help!

I'll second the scales shout, as your mixes get more complex they will make life much easier. My last DIY has 9 ingredients including the Nic and dilutes. Easy peasy! ;)

Well done @Reverend Green I can see myself putting a post up like this soon, just ordered all my bits for diy today. Did you end up ordering more flavours?

Back
Top Bottom