What's new

My DIY Eliquid is pretty much tasteless

Shaun98

Initiate
Hi, i made my first batch of eliquid the other week (3x 50ml bottles) and i have left it to steep for a good 4 days or so now but for some reason it doesn't really have a taste to it.

i have used 15% of red astaire concentrate (i used to just buy the ready made liquid from t juice and it tasted so much better!)
50/50 mix
and a 7.2mg pg base nic

put everything into steam engine and followed the instructions correctly but for some reason it hardly has a taste

can anyone point me in the right direction? thanks

Here's a picture of my settings on steam engine
JecrRc2.png

Heres what my actual juice looks like
XG0Xjla.jpg

anything jump out that i've done wrong??

Your amount of flavouring looks correct and as Michael says, should be fairly strong as a result, if it is the T-Juice concentrate you are using. Some prefer 20% with Red Astaire from them, so you may want to try that if you don't find it strong enough, but it definitely shouldn't be anywhere near tasteless at 15% and doesn't require a steep to get there.

You have your nic base marked at 2.7 instead of 7.2.

Do you have your base nicotine strength back to front? 2.7% nic would be unusual. Should it be a more typical 7.2%?

You maybe just need to up the percentage of concentrate. Try 20%. I can also see that you've put 2.7 in as the nic strength. That shouldn't really affect the flavour, might make it harsh if you've mistyped 7.2 though.

I also find personally that I need to steep juice longer than most suggest. That just seems to be the way my tastebuds work though. Try leaving it another 3 or 4 days and try it again.

Back
Top Bottom