What's new

Muted Flavours

Gitchy

Achiever
I did do a search but couldn't find anything to do with my particular problem.

I mixed up some strawberry, peach and apple from a recipe I found online. It was 8% Strawberry Ripe, 6% Juicy Peach and 2% Fuji Apple. I also added a drop of EM. The 10ml tester I made up was good. I got a nice strong stawberry off of it so I made up a 30ml but added 2 drops of EM for every 10ml. The 30ml was pretty tasteless. I know EM mutes flavours and have read that Stawberry Ripe has a lot of EM in it so I'm wondering if that's the issue. Would lowering the Strawberry help?

I've since made up the same recipe with no EM in it and it's still pretty tasteless. Also when chucking shop bought juice through after a tankful of this I can't really taste that either.

My missus just says I make shite juice so I really don't want her to be right.

Sorry don't know the answer but last paragraph gave me a chuckle, the struggle all men put up with:banghead:

Sorry don't know the answer but last paragraph gave me a chuckle, the struggle all men put up with:banghead:

Think it was just a weird case of vapors tounge tbh mate. Tasting it fine now after a week and a half of no sweetness, just sour notes. Could also taste creamy juice as well.

That's her wrong then. Phew!! Thank goodness, at last.

Back
Top Bottom