What's new

Mrs Lord's Pantry

Chris K

Vendor
Hey all,

First thing, I've added this into mixology and when I get to end you may wonder why, me too!

Mrs Lord's make some fantastic liquids, we know this. So imagine my excitement when a few months ago I heard they are launching concentrates, great news right? Well today they launched and... well... not great news.

First we have the price, £14.99 for 30ml, steep but at 20% mix ratio, to me anyway, worth it even though be the most expensive concentrate I'd ever bought.

Well imagine my suprise when the mix ratio is actually 50%!! Means out of a 30ml "concentrate" you are making 60ml of liquid.

Reading into it, these are not concentrates, they are liquids in which you add these new nic shots. Just like every other manufacturer is doing. Yet they still call it a concentrate! Cheeky barstewards.

To do the maths for you, after adding the nic etc, works out about £16.50 for 60ml... same as a shop bought juice yet you add 2 weeks steep to it!

Disappointed to say the least, been waiting a while for these to be given something that isn't a concentrate.

I wont be ordering, and sadly I'm not the only one.

Saw their email then their new site. They must have made mistakes. I wasn't too bothered by cost (though it seems pricey) but the apparent mixing ratio - recommended to mix at 50%?? Shurely shome mishtake.
So if no PG added, only VG and VG based nic, best you will get is 50/50. That can't be right.
I'll email them to check this.

I thought the same at first, went onto their Facebook page and it isnt a mistake... That's the way it meant to be! Crazy.

Nearly every comment is the same, too expensive and not really a concentrate. Mrs Lord's say they believe it's easiest way..... just no!

I thought the same at first, went onto their Facebook page and it isnt a mistake... That's the way it meant to be! Crazy.

Nearly every comment is the same, too expensive and not really a concentrate. Mrs Lord's say they believe it's easiest way..... just no!

I'm out if that's the case.

well spotted @Chris K

i actually added their link to the concentrates page earlier but didnt check it out as i dont mix so not interested in concentrates.
if these are purely shake and vape with added nicotine shots then ill remove the link.

No problems at all @MrDJ

I really hoped these would be "proper" concentrates as I love their liquid, still have stockpiles from the TPD sales! But, no matter how hard I try, these are not concentrates :17:

I spent an hour this afternoon trying to work the mixing out, I didn't look on Facebook though.

They don't sell nic shots but they do sell pg and vg but I can't understand why if you are just supposed to add the nic to a 30ml bottle of concentrate- where does the vg come in?

VG based shots or if you make a low nic liquid, could always substitute some of the nic base for actual VG. No matter what, won't be able to get any better than 50/50 and if you want higher nic percentage, won't even get that.

If it was me, Id have to use my 72% nic VG based mixed into VG to create a 30ml 3% nic solution mixed into 50% of their PG flavouring.

Back
Top Bottom