What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Monthly budget constraints

Toastie

Achiever
Looking for some advice from you fine folk. My liquid budget has been cut to £30 a month, for the next few months. I have switched back to MTL to save on juice consumption but would prefer to be doing RDL.

I use around 30ml a day when RDL, which would mean mixing up a litre of juice a month. Is that doable on £30, that includes delivery costs, nic, pg, vg and flavours?

Would really appreciate some simple but tasty recipes suggestions that you like to use, if you don't mind sharing. Obviously the less flavourings, the better for price.

Cheers.

Looking for some advice from you fine folk. My liquid budget has been cut to £30 a month, for the next few months. I have switched back to MTL to save on juice consumption but would prefer to be doing RDL.

I use around 30ml a day when RDL, which would mean mixing up a litre of juice a month. Is that doable on £30, that includes delivery costs, nic, pg, vg and flavours?

Would really appreciate some simple but tasty recipes suggestions that you like to use, if you don't mind sharing. Obviously the less flavourings, the better for price.

Cheers.
Hi mate, what type of flavours do you like and what don't you like. Tired of answering and typing stuff up for "yuck, I hate this or that" or for zero reply and thanks.
Not saying thats you but what you are after would save some time.

If you DIY your juice its absolutely doable, but there is probably a higher outlay to start with if you need lots of concentrates, scales, bottles etc.
And depending on what flavours you like there's the steeping time to consider.

Hi mate, what type of flavours do you like and what don't you like. Tired of answering and typing stuff up for "yuck, I hate this or that" or for zero reply and thanks.
Not saying thats you but what you are after would save some time.

Knew I forgot something, make that two things. It'd be fruity flavours, fruits with creams, that kind of thing. Never got much flavour from custards or deserts in the past so tent to avoid those, would love a proper ambrosia custard though.

If you DIY your juice its absolutely doable, but there is probably a higher outlay to start with if you need lots of concentrates, scales, bottles etc.
And depending on what flavours you like there's the steeping time to consider.

Forgot to mention I already DIY a little, have accurate scales and such. The plan was to mix up two different flavours 500ml each, one shake n vape and the other can steep. I'd hate to vape one flavour for a whole month.

So if you take my strong nic costs out of the equation, it'd be £20 a month, purely for pg, vg and flavours. I already DIY MTL juice, just wondering if it is feasible for my RDL juice consumption. I don't think it is given the flavour percentages and volume but seeing some people's liquid costs in a recent thread got me thinking.

If you've got the basics and some nic then the overheads come down significantly. As an example, I toot this simple recipe pretty much all the time (and have something different on the go too)

60VG/40PG
1% Raspberry (Inawera)
2% Boysenberry (The Flavour Apprentice)

Vapable has 1l of VG and PG for £4.99 each, Rasp is £1.69 for 10 ml and Boysen is £1.39 for 10ml. (and its free delivery over £10) will be cheaper if you buy in bulk

Very roughly, because its 5AM & without nic, £5 for any VG/PG ratio + 1% Rasp (£1.69) + 2% Boysen (£2.78) = £9.47
Less than a tenner for a litre. Obviously that will go up/down depending how many concentrates you use and how much. And you need to add the cost of nic of course.

Last edited:
@Toastie
Mmm, have some but can't match the cheapness of Obi's there. Most of mine use 5% concentrates and I only use and source D,A & AP free because of allergies, which tend from what I know to require higher %. So would probably be at least double the cost of his.
Your in good hands by the look of things anyway. Good luck with it all mate. :thumbup:

Inawera blackcurrant is great on its own @ 3% vaped fresh.
CCW Rasberry is the most true tasting rasberry I've found and you would be okay between 5 & 12%.
I used to vape CCW rhubarb and custard at 12% which tastes just like the sweets and is good after a couple of weeks steep.
I think you would probably be better off looking at bottle shots or one shot concentrates.

Thinking about it most of the concentrates i buy average around £4.50 per 30ml.
Sometimes cheaper if deals are on or i buy in 100ml bottles.
Most of the recipies i mix contain an average amount of concentrates between 12 & 17%.
The last order was 5x 30ml bottles from Darkstar with their 35% off atm and was just over £15 delivered.

Lets say £4 per 30ml as average and @ 15% flavouring that equals 5x 30ml concentrate @ £15 and good for 1000ml of juice.
Add 40.17ml 72mg nic, a negligible amount of pg and 800ml of vg @ roughly £4 and youre talking a smidge over £20 for a litre.
If you vape 30ml dtl per day you've got just over a months worth of juice.
Worth a little initial outlay for 5l VG 1litre PG 500ml 72mg nic but once done you're quids in.

Last edited:
Not quoting everyone else this post would be a mile long.

Huge thanks to you all. I've had a look through chef's and I'm able to mix up 500ml of the Blackcurrant and 500ml of the Raspberry / Boysenberry, cost is £15, not including delivery which will be around £5 because of the pg and vg being excluded from free delivery. That'll be a good starting point before trying the other recipes mentioned.

I get my 72mg for around £10, that'll last two months with a little left over. So that is bang on the £30 mark for everything.

The tried and tested recipes were the main thing I was after, I've mixed up some simple recipes I found online and was never impressed. However, I've had MTL recipes from POTV members and they have always been spot on.

Regarding the concentrates, I dismissed them initially as a lot are like £10 for 30ml to be mixed at 15-20%. The darkstar prices might be worth a look, as nic will only need to be bought every other month, I'll have £10 extra every other month to treat myself / branch out on flavourings.

@Tazz Haha, yeah, I can't afford to be fucking about with all that, but I'm lucky I don't need to. Cheers.

Feel free to keep the recipes coming, I'll try them all over the coming months.

Most concentrate brands broadly fall into either - expensive but strong and cheap but weak (with a few exceptions).
Inawera seem to be cheap and strong though, so I use those a lot :18:

A nice basic custard type thing is
INA Creme Brulee 2%
INA Custard 3%
INA Shisha Vanilla 1%

doesn't need much of a steep either.

Back
Top Bottom