What's new

Modifying a diy juice

Tiggy

Postman
So I had a go at my first go at making a couple of batches of juice two weeks ago. I made gingerbread cookie which already is ok (I might get something to add slightly more sweetness) I also made a custard. Which hopefully will be better with more time.

But I wondered, is it possible to add concentrate to a premade juice? Like if I got a rhubarb concentrate how would I figure out how much to add? I used e-liquid calculator originally and obviously that was on percentages.

I have added flavourart lemon to a lemon drizzle mix later but it's quite hard to work out what to put in if you've used some of the original mix. I did eventually work it out and put an extra 4% of lemon in an existing 75ml of lemon drizzle but it obviously mucks up your nic and vg/pg ratio. Now I know I could have added more of those but couldn't be arsed to be honest and it came out alright.
When I make more up I'll add 5% properly but I don't expect it to be exactly the same but it'll be close.

If it's a commercial juice and you don't know the recipe and you're talking rhubarb or other fruits, I would just go up by 0.5% or so at a time with custards buiscuits etc you can go for 4% or so if they are being overwhelmed.

Ok, so I guess it could be good enough to give you an idea if it's any good. To make up the next batch right. Worth a try anyway. Thank you :)

If it's a commercial juice and you don't know the recipe and you're talking rhubarb or other fruits, I would just go up by 0.5% or so at a time with custards buiscuits etc you can go for 4% or so if they are being overwhelmed.

No it was a diy juice, 6mg nicotine, 70% vg, 30% pg and 12% custard concentrate. I will try that thank you. :)

No it was a diy juice, 6mg nicotine, 70% vg, 30% pg and 12% custard concentrate. I will try that thank you. :)
If you made it it's easier, sometimes though (I've been there) you will have to chuck it down the sink but not your custard - in case you don't know custards can still be improving past 4 weeks so give them time although you can go past 12% with these.

If you made it it's easier, sometimes though (I've been there) you will have to chuck it down the sink but not your custard - in case you don't know custards can still be improving past 4 weeks so give them time although you can go past 12% with these.

Thank you I was hoping it would improve in a few weeks lol Still at least my first try was vapable it could have been worse!

I do this sometimes. I find the easiest way to accurately add or subtract to a mix is to calculate the recipe again for a higher volume then subtract what has 'already been added' then wack in the difference. I hope that makes some sense?!

I do this sometimes. I find the easiest way to accurately add or subtract to a mix is to calculate the recipe again for a higher volume then subtract what has 'already been added' then wack in the difference. I hope that makes some sense?!

Yes that makes good sense. So I made up 30mls, I could put in the same ratios for 40mls adding the rhubarb and subtract what I've already added. That way if I like it I know how to replicate. Great idea thank you :)

Back
Top Bottom