Vape Superstore
What's new

Mixing with Pre-Mixed concentrate - help

viper

Achiever
Hi,

I've made a few eliquids using pre-mixed concentrates. They have been steeping for over a month but the colour hasn't even changed at all. Something isn't right. I mixed it to the recommended percentage by the vendor.
I'm beginning to think that there is something that I have missed out. I've never done pre-mixes before.

I have been doing diy for over 2 years now and my own stuff comes out great.

Was I supposed to add something else to these pre-mixed ones? 2 of the bottles I made are calli custard and nipple juice. Liquid is clear as day.

Innokin
Did you shake the concentrates well before using?
How much nicotine is in these mixes - same level as your usual juices?

Did you shake the concentrates well before using?
How much nicotine is in these mixes - same level as your usual juices?

3mg nicotine, thoroughly shaked. Even ran a drill on em after mixing. Stored in a dark box. Used amber glass bottles.

I normally make 70VG 30PG but I know for nipple juice and calli custard he used to make it 60VG and 40PG even though he said I could make it to any ratio that I like. I just kept it the same.

So no idea what has happened or why these aren't steeping.

Vape Green
Do you normally use amber glass bottles and dark storage for steeping? Seems to me like a good approach to prevent or slow down maturation.

I make a version of Calicustard also at 3mg; the dulce de leche, vanilla custard and Calipitter Chow blend would normally turn a golden yellow in about 2 weeks ... though I mature juices in clear glass in normal room light (not direct sunlight nor complete darkness.)
I don't know what nipple juice is, some kind of mother's milk clone by the sound of it - a strawberry milkshake? Depending on the strawberry flavouring, that juice could well turn out clear.

What nic do you use?

Do you normally use amber glass bottles and dark storage for steeping? Seems to me like a good approach to prevent or slow down maturation.

I make a version of Calicustard also at 3mg; the dulce de leche, vanilla custard and Calipitter Chow blend would normally turn a golden yellow in about 2 weeks ... though I mature juices in clear glass in normal room light (not direct sunlight nor complete darkness.)
I don't know what nipple juice is, some kind of mother's milk clone by the sound of it - a strawberry milkshake? Depending on the strawberry flavouring, that juice could well turn out clear.

What nic do you use?

Yeah thats how I normally do it as thats the way a lot of people recommend to do it (well not the amber glass part) but storing it in a dark place ie. cupboard, cigar box, etc.
Amber glass just helps.

Don't have a problem with my own mixes, they all steep well and start to turn golden in 2 weeks and just get stronger and better over time.

I've got a feeling that there is something else to these pre-mixed concentrates. Can't explain why 3 bottles haven't steeped at all.

Yeah the nipple juice is a strawberry custard. I don't know if its the same as mothers milk as I haven't tried this nipple juice before. Calli custard from the smell of it, seems very close to the vanilla custard that I make, again I haven't tried the calli custard before either.

Elux
Yeah thats how I normally do it as thats the way a lot of people recommend to do it (well not the amber glass part) but storing it in a dark place ie. cupboard, cigar box, etc.
Amber glass just helps.

Don't have a problem with my own mixes, they all steep well and start to turn golden in 2 weeks and just get stronger and better over time.

I've got a feeling that there is something else to these pre-mixed concentrates. Can't explain why 3 bottles haven't steeped at all.

Yeah the nipple juice is a strawberry custard. I don't know if its the same as mothers milk as I haven't tried this nipple juice before. Calli custard from the smell of it, seems very close to the vanilla custard that I make, again I haven't tried the calli custard before either.
I've no idea about what's gone wrong here ... one for the concentrate supplier. Are the concentrates clear? Do they smell right?
You didn't answer about your nic.

I've no idea about what's gone wrong here ... one for the concentrate supplier. Are the concentrates clear? Do they smell right?
You didn't answer about your nic.

Oh sorry, totally forgot. I'm using 72MG strength Nic in VG. Diamond Mist brand. Use it in my other mixes and its perfectly fine.

The concentrate liquid, I think it was clear when I got them. They were small 10ml bottles. I used them all up in one go to make the exact amount for each which was roughly about 45ml each. I don't have any left over that I can check.

2 of the concentrates were southcoast vapes concentrates.
The other concentrate I got was a freebie from spectrumvape, it was a strawberry milkshake.

I did shake them before use.

It is strange.

Was I suppose to add something else to these? That's what I keep thinking.

I added vg, pg, nic and then the pre-mixed concentrate. I didn't add any other flavouring or anything else to it. I used the same vg, pg and nic that I use for my own mixes.

AcmeFog
No, you wouldn't have to add anything else, you're not missing anything from what I can see.
Seems logical that if your VG, PG and VG nic has been successful in previous mixes, the fault doesn't lie there.

I know that the juice doesn't appear to have matured properly ... but have you tried sniff and taste tests? I'm hoping that these mixes might be salvageable.

No, you wouldn't have to add anything else, you're not missing anything from what I can see.
Seems logical that if your VG, PG and VG nic has been successful in previous mixes, the fault doesn't lie there.

I know that the juice doesn't appear to have matured properly ... but have you tried sniff and taste tests? I'm hoping that these mixes might be salvageable.

Cool thanks. I will leave them be for a while and check them later.

I have plenty of my own steeped juice to keep me going for months :)

cheers

Royal Flush Vape
It could depend on the Nic you're using, but more likely it will be a combination of factors - but coulour isn't a reliable indicator. I make Lemon Refresher from concentrate and it never changes colour. Attraction usually darkens very slightly if the Nic is lightly coloured - but the one time I used a totally clear Nic it wa svery difficult to discern any colour change. the only reliable way to check is to actually try some...

Back
Top Bottom