What's new

Mixing % With High VG - How Much Should I Use?

Messy Beatz

Postman
Hey Apes,

When I was buying premium e-liquids I used to vape 70/30 VG (3mg Nic) but when I began mixing my own liquid the 70/30 was coming off too harsh so was advised by a few members here to try higher VG.

I started making 80/20 VG (3mg Nic) - much smoother, but now the flavours are being lost.

If for example I find a recipe here or on ELR and its a 70/30 or 50/50 base and I decide to make 80/20 then how much do I need to adapt/adjust the flavourings? Or should I not have to?

Few example mixes -

Lemon Sicily:
80/20 VG (3mg)
3.6% Lemon Sicily​

Not getting much flavour from it at all.

Lazy Breakfast: [original is 70/30]
80/20 VG (3mg)
1.5% Berry Crunch
0.75% Marshmallow
1.8% Vanilla Bean Ice Cream​

Im getting a slight hint of flavour from this one.

And finally this one,

Bloody Bastard:
80/20 VG (3mg)
1.4% Fuji Apple
2.8% Strawberry (Ripe)
2.8% Strawberry
1.4% Strawberry (Shisha)
Must admit that last one I was just throwing flavours together, and finally got a taste of something. Very fruity and sweet, it was nice but became sickly quite quick.

What you all think? Up the flavours? Go back to higher PG? Other?

Thanks

You've answered your own Q there chief, fiddle with the flavouring percentages so you get a flavour hit.
Shouldn't have to add too much, but experiment and find out what works for you.
What brand concentrates are you using by the way??

Your Lazy Breakfast should improve after a few weeks in the ripening cupboard.

We mix at roughly 90/10 and get plenty taste, so we're impressed that you have taste buds that can detect the 10% difference in your concoctions!!

But, if in doubt, let your brews ripen another week then try again.

You've answered your own Q there chief, fiddle with the flavouring percentages so you get a flavour hit.

Yeah, guess its all trial and error. Still struggling to get anything tasting like the quality (taste being subjective) I used to vape (Mothers Milk, Bolt, Nasty Juice, etc)

What brand concentrates are you using by the way??

CAP, TPA & FA - probably should of mentioned that is the original post.

Back
Top Bottom