What's new

Mixing with alcohol flavour concentrates?

I take your point, but other calculators seem to take that into account.
Look at this one.
https://ecigvape.com/pp?i=7&sfx=E-L...zi=0.00&al=0&dl=0.00&el=0&kl=&p=3&g=Calculate

But as said before why at one point are you saying 5%, then 3%.....................
Don't know why it works that way. What I did was use a ratio of 5pg 95vg but as you say it asked for more pg so I upped the vg to 3/97vg that gave the closest result while still adding 5ml water/alcohol.
I'm pretty sure you can add a custom base in the settings but I've not used it maybe that would give a more accurate result.
I wouldn't add your water or alcohol at 20% though I played around with water a while back and found it very thin at 5% I settled on 3%.
If you use too much you might find it'll piss through your coils and the alcohol is going to add some harshness I'd stick to distilled water unless your making a boozy cocktail.

Don't know why it works that way. What I did was use a ratio of 5pg 95vg but as you say it asked for more pg so I upped the vg to 3/97vg that gave the closest result while still adding 5ml water/alcohol.
I'm pretty sure you can add a custom base in the settings but I've not used it maybe that would give a more accurate result.
I wouldn't add your water or alcohol at 20% though I played around with water a while back and found it very thin at 5% I settled on 3%.
If you use too much you might find it'll piss through your coils and the alcohol is going to add some harshness I'd stick to distilled water unless your making a boozy cocktail.

Well I think that answers the question.
You found the results of ejuicemeup shall we say a bit dubious, so you fiddled about with other settings until you got an answer that agreed with how much water you already knew to add to get 5% (5ml) for a VG blend with 5% dilution. Then fiddled it again with 3%. So as I said the calculator is fine for most stuff, but falls over with water, or alcohol added.

That is why I took the time to do my own spreadsheet calculation.

My base mixes are simple now, as I know I like 10% water I buy Aqueus VG that already has 10% water added in the lab (you can buy it with 20% water). So all I do is take a 100ml bottle of that, and add enough flavour to make the flavouring 20% of the total, simples.

This viscosity liquid for me is universal, it wicks fine in any of my tanks with stock coils (0.3 to 1.8 ohm)
in my rebuildable tanks at 0.2 to 0.3 ohm, and in my newly purchased dripper at 0.3 ohms.

So I don't understand why you say it will be to thin, and may piss through your coils, I have been doing this for over 6 months now no problem.
If I remember correctly my PG intolerant friend uses 15% water, but that is with VG, VG nic, and VG flavours.

Well I think that answers the question.
You found the results of ejuicemeup shall we say a bit dubious, so you fiddled about with other settings until you got an answer that agreed with how much water you already knew to add to get 5% (5ml) for a VG blend with 5% dilution. Then fiddled it again with 3%. So as I said the calculator is fine for most stuff, but falls over with water, or alcohol added.

That is why I took the time to do my own spreadsheet calculation.

My base mixes are simple now, as I know I like 10% water I buy Aqueus VG that already has 10% water added in the lab (you can buy it with 20% water). So all I do is take a 100ml bottle of that, and add enough flavour to make the flavouring 20% of the total, simples.

This viscosity liquid for me is universal, it wicks fine in any of my tanks with stock coils (0.3 to 1.8 ohm)
in my rebuildable tanks at 0.2 to 0.3 ohm, and in my newly purchased dripper at 0.3 ohms.

So I don't understand why you say it will be to thin, and may piss through your coils, I have been doing this for over 6 months now no problem.
If I remember correctly my PG intolerant friend uses 15% water, but that is with VG, VG nic, and VG flavours.
I found it watery and it tasted that way too but I was using nic pg and pg flavourings I just imagined with more water it would be very thin
and may cause leaking issues.
but if your happy with it then that's all that matters, enjoy:)

Back
Top Bottom