5x 100ml bottles
5x 15ml bottles

All from from Lubrisolve, and -

18x 10ml 18mg Nicotine Shots (VG based)
30ml Tobacco flavour
30ml Bourbon flavour
30ml Vanilla flavour

And these are from Darkstar.

I'm gonna be mixing by weight on some Envy scales but I'm just trying to wrap my head around mixing by weight...

So say if I wanted a 50/50 VG/PG mix, at 9mg with half the flavour being tobacco and a quarter bourbon and a quarter vanilla... What measurements am I looking for, for each ingredient in grams?

I've had a go on a few calculators but I think I'm doing something wrong on the measurements, I think it's to do with the nicotine shots, I'm not sure. I'm new to this and I just want to make sure I'm getting it right. This forum has been really helpful so far, so I thought I'd ask on here and see if anyone can give me some advice...?

Thanks a lot!

Hi @Bucket. The mixing calculator will ask you for the strength of your nicotine, your desired final nicotine strength, the desired VG/PG ratio and desired percentages of flavours. Once you plug all that in, it will tell you how many grams of each to add. Have a play with the forum's calculator, or look up eJuiceMeUp and watch some videos on how to use it. It's easy when you've done it once.

Screenshot_20170615-210256.png

I'd start there

Ah, I wasn't accounting for the VG in the nicotine shots, I didn't think that much actually went into it!

This forum is ace!

Thanks!

i dont mix myself so i could be wrong here but im sure the calculator is for when you use 72% nicotine and wont work with the nic shots.
the idea of them is you add them to a ready made juice so for example:

to make 3mg
50ml of nic free juice - one 10ml of 18mg nic shot = 60ml 3mg
100ml of nic free juice - two 20ml of 18mg nic shot = 120ml 3mg

to make 6mg
40ml of nic free juice - two 20ml of 18mg nic shot = 60ml 6mg
80ml of nic free juice - four 40ml of 18mg nic shot = 120ml 6mg

as the nic shots already have unflavored VG mixed with the nicotine you need to make your zero flavored juice stronger otherwise it will lose some flavor the more nic shots you add.

Does ejuicemeup do weight now @Mr Numpty? Have a look at the mixing calculator here @Bucket https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/e-liquid-recipes/mixing-calculator.php

First thing to ask is what overall percentage flavour do you want? Most are around 20% so using that as an example you would start with whatever amount you wanted to make up, e.g. 10ml, change the final strength to be 9, dilutant stays at 0, final pg and final vg you can leave at 50/50.

In the nicotine details you put 18 instead of 72 and then change the nicotine pg or vg to be 100 based on what the nic is that you have.

The stick in the concentrates you want and the percentages you want them at and then look at the bottom of the screen:

upload_2017-6-15_21-14-25.png

If you use the calc on the site here you can store the recipes on your account and access them any time, they only show as public if you make them.

Last edited:
Does ejuicemeup to weight now @Mr Numpty?
Oh, hasn't it always? It has for the two years I've been using it. Anyway, yes, you set up a default with your own weight per ml for each ingredient and thereafter it will give a gram value for recipes. Tbh, I would use the PoTV calculator more if it allowed us to input our own weight values as its defaults are different to what I want. Sort that and I'm in. :D

So I'm looking at the flavours from Darkstar and it doesn't tell me whether they're VG or PG based? Anybody know what they are?

Also, every bottle is branded Darkstar but is then labelled with Flavour West, Flavour Apprentice, Capella etc...?

Back
Top Bottom