What's new

Mixing percentages

not really, otherwise we wouldn't both have to keep a list of % as I'm sure many other apes do! Does answer something I ultimately resigned to though... not to share any potentially helpful ideas ;)
Really? It's spit the dummy out time? My perception is that you're taking my view as negative because I'm not agreeing with you. Offering an alternative point of view is not the same as discouraging the sharing of potentially helpful ideas.

The reason mixologists keep their own records is because it's valuable to them and often the result of trial and error which started at the recommended %, or pure guesswork, and ends with their personal preference.

Taste is subjective. The point, as you realise now, is that a database entry for any given concentrate will have almost as many % values against it as apes who contribute to that record. For example, I mix it at 3%, you mix it at 20%, another mixes it at 12%. What would then be the value of that to a fourth ape? A database made up of entirely subjective views is practically worthless.

WOW! It all went straight over your head and you have made some quite offensive remarks there, its actually you spitting a dummy out as I don't agree with you in fact I agree with a lot you have said, but the point I have been trying to make is exactly what you pointed out in your second sentence mixologists start at a RECOMMENDED % so why not have a database of those recommended % so at least people have a start point???? Has that sunk in? Or is my alternative point of view still too much?

Back
Top Bottom