What's new

Mixing percentages

shiningstar

Postman
Was looking for a database of recommended mixing percentages and have generally found more of an assortment of links to each brand and one german database of many flavours but looks a bit out dated, there is a thread on here but also quite outdated as is the wiki, obviously its needed for single flavour and one shots and a lot of the time its a tweaking process for personal taste but I think a decently compiled updated database would benefit a lot of people, so the few ones I have found, along with using ELR are as follows

http://thevapingdude.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Capella-Flavor-List.pdf

there is a thread on here

https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...logy/threads/recommended-concentrate-s.19576/

and the wiki

http://wiki.planetofthevapes.co.uk/wiki/Guide_To_Flavouring

any ideas?

edit:- for some reason a couple of the links ended up as screenshots!?!?!

Last edited:
There's no doubt that a single resource would be of huge benefit to many ... but who's going to put the time and effort into a. creating it and b. maintaining it?

Like you I have found various resources but then found my tastes differ. The manufacturers' recommended % is as good a starting point as any, then any mixologist realises it needs tweaking to personal preference. I keep a list of all the concentrates I've used, with recommended % and the % I've actually tried in different recipes ... not much use to anyone else but me though, as others prefer different flavour profiles and % strengths.

There's no doubt that a single resource would be of huge benefit to many ... but who's going to put the time and effort into a. creating it and b. maintaining it?

Like you I have found various resources but then found my tastes differ. The manufacturers' recommended % is as good a starting point as any, then any mixologist realises it needs tweaking to personal preference. I keep a list of all the concentrates I've used, with recommended % and the % I've actually tried in different recipes ... not much use to anyone else but me though, as others prefer different flavour profiles and % strengths.

I agree maintaining and creating such a list would be time consuming, but i suppose if any diying apes on here added a % on a thread then it would be a joint effort, then just edited to the first post so that they are all together! I also have a handwritten list of flavours and %, but often try new flavours and so have to start again from scratch, I think the main problem is individual tastes and so differing opinions of %, but I think recommended %s would be fine at least for a basic idea

it's not that hard to code the back end for a website for average percentages.

in fact, eliquid recipes has this info already.

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/flavor/125940

yes I occasionally look at ELR when I can't find a particular recommended % but the problem with that is generally they are a recipe site and so will give % based on the flavour used in a recipe, not a single flavour recommendation, I'm thinking more one shots and single flavour recipes, as a lot of the databases are quite outdated and one shots are a lot more recent!

yes I occasionally look at ELR when I can't find a particular recommended % but the problem with that is generally they are a recipe site and so will give % based on the flavour used in a recipe, not a single flavour recommendation, I'm thinking more one shots and single flavour recipes, as a lot of the databases are quite outdated and one shots are a lot more recent!
Well, the problem here is that you're narrowing down the use of the data for a specific purpose ... from what I've seen, one shots always come with a recommended mix % so they're actually the least useful to mixologists and least likely to need a lookup. One shots are, by their nature, no brainers.
I would argue that the most useful information is about the relative strength of the concentrate, for use in recipes where it's used with other concentrates.

Well, the problem here is that you're narrowing down the use of the data for a specific purpose ... from what I've seen, one shots always come with a recommended mix % so they're actually the least useful to mixologists and least likely to need a lookup. One shots are, by their nature, no brainers.
I would argue that the most useful information is about the relative strength of the concentrate, for use in recipes where it's used with other concentrates.

fair enough, though most of the one shots I have actually don't have the recommended value and a some don't actually have any information on the websites either, on top of that as you say the given % aren't always close to what people would actually use in many cases, just an idea, the lack of response seems not a popular one...

Pretty much all one shots are 15 to 20 % . I always start at twenty as it's just quicker and easier to work with 20mls makes 100, bang done.

fair enough, though most of the one shots I have actually don't have the recommended value and a some don't actually have any information on the websites either, on top of that as you say the given % aren't always close to what people would actually use in many cases, just an idea, the lack of response seems not a popular one...
If you take a step back for a moment you should see that you've answered your own question, or rather posited the main reason for the non-existence of what you're seeking. :)

If you take a step back for a moment you should see that you've answered your own question, or rather posited the main reason for the non-existence of what you're seeking. :)

not really, otherwise we wouldn't both have to keep a list of % as I'm sure many other apes do! Does answer something I ultimately resigned to though... not to share any potentially helpful ideas ;)

Back
Top Bottom