What's new

Mixing help

Vapingscot

Initiate
Hey fellow apes!

Quick question, I want to buy a juice that is 50ml 0 nic and add nicotine to make it 3mg. The bottle is 60ml in total, so I know that's the maximum (10ml) that can go in, but that's an 18mg nic shot. I have nicotine I can add myself, it's 72mg pg based and I want a 70/30 ratio. How much of MY nic do I add?

I'm sure the ratio is 80/20 in the 50ml bottle. The 18mg nic shot thing is throwing me off, as my nic is 72mg. I don't want to spend more than I have too.

The liquid is banana butt right cheek, my mate brought it back from the States for me and it's just delicious. I'm going to get more, it's available in the UK.

Assuming your nic is in pg, you need 2.5ml nic, 2ml vg and 5.5ml pg.

I think without PG and VG you will not be able to control the end ratio, you can raise the nicotine level to 3% but you will also raise the PG if that is your nicotine base.
Just whack the whole bottle in mate.
If you are making 60ml and you add 10 ml of 18mg nicotine base then 18 divided by 6 is 3. So 3mg. And I think it will work out to about 75/25 so not too bad. I'm no expert tho by any means, wait for confirmation lol

Last edited:
Assuming your nic is in pg, you need 2.5ml nic, 2ml vg and 5.5ml pg.

Hi Ment,

You calculated that much quicker than me.

My only comment would be that the OP wants to spend as little as possible, so unless he already has VG, and PG available he will have to buy that to.

If it was me I would just add 2.5mll of the PG nic to the 80/20 juice.
That will give 60ml of liquid at 3mg nic, and a ratio of between 80/20, and 70/30, and give it a go.

Trouble is, it's another knock on of TPD / TRPR with manufacturers selling short fills, bottle shots, and christ knows what else.
Unless you have compatible liquids it's a bloody nightmare.
I would go as far to say it's easier to do full DIY than mess about altering nic levels, and vg/pg ratios at the same time.

Regards badboybez

My initial post states pg based nic, it's 72mg and yeah don't really want to spend anymore on nic when I've got 500ml sitting there.

What's the difference then between my nic and an 18mg nic shot of 10ml?

I have pg, vg and nic. I just sold over a litre of concentrates as I'm not really making my own anymore. I just want a nice juice every now and then, that's essentially a premium but adding my own nic to save a little cash.

Hi Ment,

You calculated that much quicker than me.

My only comment would be that the OP wants to spend as little as possible, so unless he already has VG, and PG available he will have to buy that to.

If it was me I would just add 2.5mll of the PG nic to the 80/20 juice.
That will give 60ml of liquid at 3mg nic, and a ratio of between 80/20, and 70/30, and give it a go.

Trouble is, it's another knock on of TPD / TRPR with manufacturers selling short fills, bottle shots, and christ knows what else.
Unless you have compatible liquids it's a bloody nightmare.
I would go as far to say it's easier to do full DIY than mess about altering nic levels, and vg/pg ratios at the same time.

Regards badboybez

2.5ml would only give me 52.5ml of juice. These vendors want me to purchase a nic shot to add in which is 10ml I'd rather use my own

Your nic is 72mg per ml the nic shot is 18mg per ml, if you add both together ( nic shot and 50ml juice), assuming the nic shot is 100% pg:

60ml at 3mg at 33/66 PG/VG

If you use 72mg nic - you only need 2.17ml to give you:

52.17ml 3mg at 23/76 PG/VG.

The greater quantity of the nic shot lowers the VG % but if you use your own nic you need much less because of its higher strength so higher PG%

Your nic is 72mg per ml the nic shot is 18mg per ml, if you add both together ( nic shot and 50ml juice), assuming the nic shot is 100% pg:

60ml at 3mg at 33/66 PG/VG

If you use 72mg nic - you only need 2.17ml to give you:

52.17ml 3mg at 23/76 PG/VG.

The greater quantity of the nic shot lowers the VG % but if you use your own nic you need much less because of its higher strength so higher PG%

Cool, cheers for that. Looks like ment has nailed quantities, I'll go for that and hopefully it works out. If not might need a nic shot for future purchases of said juice

@Vapingscot the shop will have mixed the concentrate at the percentage allowing for the final product to be 60ml including the nic shot. So if you only add 2.5ml of your nicotine it will be stronger than intended.

Back
Top Bottom