What's new

Mixing for the first time (Quick Tips)

Custards/desserts as long as possible in a darl place, sunlight can affect flavour. Fruits/menthols can be shake & vape (depending on number of flavours). I mix then leave bottles in a bowl of warmish water (too hot again affects flavours & can crack glass bottles) with tops loose for a couple of hrs before putting away.
I only do custards so try to keep at least 1 month in front with steeped juices but find the Darkstar Oneshot Vanilla Custard is ok after 2 weeks mixed at15%. Been experimenting with this as a base for adding creams/fruits/sweetners to for some variety & find it's pretty good & works out cheaper than buying Capella VC1.

Custards/desserts as long as possible in a darl place, sunlight can affect flavour. Fruits/menthols can be shake & vape (depending on number of flavours). I mix then leave bottles in a bowl of warmish water (too hot again affects flavours & can crack glass bottles) with tops loose for a couple of hrs before putting away.
I only do custards so try to keep at least 1 month in front with steeped juices but find the Darkstar Oneshot Vanilla Custard is ok after 2 weeks mixed at15%. Been experimenting with this as a base for adding creams/fruits/sweetners to for some variety & find it's pretty good & works out cheaper than buying Capella VC1.
Thankyou nwhornet, i'll have a look at the VC one shot from Darkstar, is there any other Darkstar one shots that you would recommend me buying and giving a go at, im mostly looking for shake & vapes at the moment.
Oh and have you looked at Lucemill, for the your VG & PG, its like so cheap, i might put in an order for some soon

How bout steeping? Anyone got any tips for that?

The good thing about steeping is that you can believe whatever you like.

I am one of the people that gives my juice a shake then leave it in a cool dark place with cap on.
Other people like to introduce warmth and air some even sit it in the window for the light.

A few people will experiment to find out what treatment works for them and their juice, but mostly people just go along with stuff they heard from someone who heard it from someone else.

So either keep your juice cool unless you want to warm it first. Keep the cap on unless you think breathing the juice makes sense to you and whatever you do keep it in the dark or coloured bottles unless you think the extra oxidation that light encourages is a good thing.

i think the most important thing is to believe in your chosen method, and come up with a theory as to why your method is the best.

Don't forget paper towels to hand

Like others, hand write it out & tick off

Give yourself plenty of space too

@Danny2JZ I've heard the Oneshots with Greek names are pretty good, got a free one, Athena, with last order to mix. Good reviews here https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...s/darkstar-oneshots-the-shake-n-vapes.124544/. Tend to get everything from one shop, saves on postage & never had a problem with Darkstar especially Nic. Keep an eye on their Facebook page as there's sometimes a discount code, think the last one was 35% off FA flavours.
Yeah your the same with me i tend to get as much as possible in one shop, i'll have a look at the Greek ones, i just bought more VG, 5L for £8 i think it was and 2.5L of PG for £9.95, bargin :)

Thankyou nwhornet, i'll have a look at the VC one shot from Darkstar, is there any other Darkstar one shots that you would recommend me buying and giving a go at, im mostly looking for shake & vapes at the moment.
Oh and have you looked at Lucemill, for the your VG & PG, its like so cheap, i might put in an order for some soon

I've got a few DS one shots, but they are mostly still steeping...mostly :)
The old fashioned fruit loops really does it for me, i mixed it with 20% 70/30 and it's vapeable straight away. I reckon it'll become better with steeping and give a bit more of a milky taste, but i'll definitely order it again.
An other good one is Hermes (key lime pie), very tasty flavour, still a bit harsh after a week, but the site clearly recommends 3-4 weeks. I vaped two tankfuls in a KF5 and if KLP is your thing, i'd recommend it.
Athena is a bit too strong on the flavour for me, makes it sickly, but i can always top it up so no biggie.
Poseidon (pineapple/coconut) tastes like pineapple milk for me, but barely vaped a few mils, so cannot recommend it yet.
I've read that the old apple pie one is highly rated by other members.

Back
Top Bottom