What's new

Mixing Chaos - Organising advice and accessories

dakkon

Shamefully, I have over 150 flavour bottles, most of which I haven't tried, for two reasons:

1) I don't even know I have them
I just got a few nail varnish stands to help organise them by shelf, which helps, but I keep thinking someone must have thought of a much better way. Perhaps some slotted stand with colour-based visual queues and codes, paired with some convenient database app?

2) I have no proper mixing/steeping routine
A similar problem, but whenever I try to make more than 3 recipes, I lose track. Forget exactly what I put in and when. That results to me not bothering with steeping most of the time.

Of course I could go analogue, stick written labels every time and keep notes, however I am too lazy -and think someone must have come with a more convenient way.

So I was hoping to see what methods, "hardware" and software other mixers are using -I'm sure there are many in that situation that could benefit from such advise.

Thanks

Hmmm....you have over 150 flavour bottles that you dont even know you have but you "counted them!" The rest, "seriously"!? One word dude "rehab".

notepad and pen....wee sticky labels on each bottle...stop being a lazy cunt.....definition of cunt on this forum is a term of endearment....for example @MrTeaTime is a whore of a cunt

Of course I could go analogue, stick written labels every time and keep notes, however I am too lazy -and think someone must have come with a more convenient way.

I can not think of anything easier than keeping notes and sticky labels.
You could always employ a servant or buy juice ready made.

Good luck & welcome to the planet.

Notes are a must when it comes to diy in my opinion, making the most wonderful concoction ever and not having it written down would be a killer!!! I do get that you can easily get overrun with bottles and not sure what you have though, I tend to group them into fruits, desserts and randoms(mostly additives and menthol) and then the box of one shots!

As for software, I mainly use elr, which is handy for remembering your stash and also for the recipes, though I use potv calculator when mixing as it includes the amounts in weight also which most calculators don't have!

I actually sort of get you're problem. Sometimes at meal time i sit there and just look at the food and think "gee i wish someone would feed me!" Toilet time, at times i think "dunno, im lazy, i cant be bothered" and wait till i nearly burst. Please, has anyone got some suggestions?

Thanks for your answer shiningstar.

Tazz, your criticism would be valid if we were talking about a task that had no way of being automated to a significant degree or benefit. The eating and shitting examples that you mentioned probably fall in this category (although the Japanese toilet engineers might partially disagree on the shitting). Mixing eliquid at a higher scale does not fall in this category. I am sure a lot of people that mix more than a few new recipes per week will have some better system than paper notes and single-use sticky labels...

What I had in mind was more in the lines of some kind of smart container that makes it convenient to identify bottles and a software that makes it easy to keep track of what recipes have been steepening at which bottle for how long, sends you notifications when it is time to sample a bottle (i.e. once a week from the time it was mixed) and keeps records of the time each recipe takes till you mark it as ideal.

If you think these things are unreasonable, you can go back to using flat (paper) calendars, address books, etc, because, hell, why be a lazy cunt and make something easy.

Last edited:
So what you really want is somebody to catalogue, nix, store & supply your juice when it's done. It's called a shop. You cut out the hassle of actually having to do anything & if the shop owner has nothing better to do he can txt/pm you as to when it's ready & if your that lazy he could even send it out with a txt for when to expect it. Then the most you'll have to do is unwrap & vape. Winner.

No, your conclusion is illogical.

It is clear from my explanation that what I want is a way to make the menial part of the mixing process take less time and effort, by something more than flat notes that do not scale well to more than a small amount of experiments. I provided an example in my previous post, assuming someone would have in mind and suggest something like that instead of misinterpreting what I said.

Obviously the important part of the mixing is not remembering when to sample, searching non-indexed paper notes and spending time to identify each bottle among dozens similar.

The important and enjoyable part is just the decision making: which flavours to mix at what ratios and for how long.

So no, a "store" wouldn't help, as it would take away what matters in mixing (surprised I had to explain that...)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom