What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Mixing by weight

Flipside

Postman
Do the weights look correct on this app? Before the weight for the NIC base was 4.somthing since an update you can see it's gone up!
Screenshot_2017-06-06-10-17-13.png

standard pg nic base @3mg in 100ml mix is 4.2 ml and virtually 1ml=1g for weighing.
when I mix by weight I use a graduated jug, add the flavours and nic by weight (using 1:1 as above), generally make 100ml batches so then just our in the pg and vg to get the ratio right. so for a 70/30 mix, literally top up pg to 30ml line and then pour in vg to 100ml.

Different apps seem to assign different weight values to the various ingredients. My calculator gives 5.17g of VG nic base for that recipe.

Hmm, seems silly they give different weights from different apps, surly there is a known weight of this stuff?

Hmm, seems silly they give different weights from different apps, surly there is a known weight of this stuff?

There are known weights. VG is 1.260 g/ml where as PG is at 1.038 g/m. flavourings can vary between 0.9g/ml and 1.2 g/ml even when PG pased though most of the recipes you will find tend to use a 1g/ml ratio for flavourings to keep simple.

anyway that calculation seems spot on, it sounds like the initial calculation must have used PG base for the Nic

There are known weights. VG is 1.260 g/ml where as PG is at 1.038 g/m. flavourings can vary between 0.9g/ml and 1.2 g/ml even when PG pased though most of the recipes you will find tend to use a 1g/ml ratio for flavourings to keep simple.

anyway that calculation seems spot on, it sounds like the initial calculation must have used PG base for the Nic
Cheers for that[emoji106] the app I'm using asks if it's Pg or vg nic on first set up, maybe they fecked up an corrected calculations.

Back
Top Bottom