What's new

Mixing by weight?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
How much !!!!!!!!!!!!!. Thats a lorra money for scales and i couldn't justify paying that price.Any cheaper ones out there with a decent platform area for putting bottles on ?
I have found these to be good.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
How much !!!!!!!!!!!!!. Thats a lorra money for scales and i couldn't justify paying that price.Any cheaper ones out there with a decent platform area for putting bottles on ?
I have the nv500 scale as @mrnumpty has theyre quite popular but have gone up in price a lot in 12 months theyre around £20 now but these look the same spec you want them to measure down to 0.01g.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/0-01-500g-...F8&qid=1477178692&sr=1-7&keywords=500g+scales

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Oh I agree with ya, way too expensive to buy just for mixing ejuice we had those way before I started DIYing and yep I'm caking it in case I spill summat on em hehe I usually sit a plastic flask on the platform place the bottle in it - hit 'tare' and off I go - any spillage goes into the flask and scales are nice and safe ;) Point is even with super duper accurate scales my mixes are never exact and it's no big deal, near as dammit is good enough if you're just mixing for yourself :)

Another Envy (NV) 500 user here, even at the higher price still good value and so far so accurate.

Do you bother to calibrate them, and what size weight do you have to use ?
Bought a set of small weights to check and had some old weights from old scales and checked known weights of objects. All good, accurate to 0.05 of a gram at worst.

Last edited:
Do you bother to calibrate them, and what size weight do you have to use ?
I did calibrate mine after a few months. It requires a 500g weight. No idea why I did it, they didn't need it. Just saw the weight online one day and thought why not. I'll tell you why not, NUMPTY! Because they didn't need it!

Correction, worst case is accuracy to 0.05 of a gram. Just checked with weights and mostly spot on with occasional inaccuracy probably because I had a fan blowing nearby.

Back
Top Bottom