What's new

Mixing by weight help

crunchynut

Achiever
Ok so once again I'm calling on my fellow apes coz the monkeys in my head are getting old and can't handle it [emoji12]

So, not so much a problem just a query on mixing by weight.

Right firstly if you don't know I have mixed a few years back but back then I used syringes and drops, now with the TPD I'm back mixing again but returned with scales and only thing that's annoying is if I put a recipe in ELR for a 30ml test my total weight will be 35.61mg and if you go by 1mg = 1ml I have over 30ml which obviously won't go into a 30ml bottle.
The monkeys up there are not completely dumb yet and I know this is because ingredients like VG weigh more than my flavourings so is there a way round this or will I have to start mixing 30ml in a bigger bottle

Or am I completely dumb and missing something quite obvious to some which I don't mind if anyone wants to point out how stupid I am [emoji2]
1484467720011.jpg

Always mix in a bigger bottle than you need!!!

you gotta leave room for shakin' and a stirrin' Man!

Mix for 20ml in a 30ml bottle. It's a real ballache when you don't leave enough room in there [emoji4]

You can set ELR to show grams so you don't have to work with the 1g = 1ml assumption, which is only true for water

I use ejuice me up programme and it has a tab where you can input this data.
PG 1.038 grams per ml
VG 1.260 grams per ml
72mg PG nic 1.036 grams per ml
72mg VG nic 1.242 grams per ml

Last edited:
Always mix in a bigger bottle than you need!!!

you gotta leave room for shakin' and a stirrin' Man!

Mix for 20ml in a 30ml bottle. It's a real ballache when you don't leave enough room in there [emoji4]
I could do this but no need to shake as I use a mixer that fits nearly any bottle.
See my review in the misc section and thanks for the suggestion if there is no other easy way round then I'll have to

I use a mixer too (drill with a bit of 26g) and it is easier if you just leave you mix 5ml short of the bottle capacity... annoying but easier [emoji4]

I use ejuice me up programme and it has a tab where you can input this data.
PG 1.038 grams per ml
VG 1.260 grams per ml
72mg PG nic 1.036 grams per ml
72mg VG nic 1.219grams per ml
I do this also but was told that nic in VG was 1.24g/ml, so that's what I've been using. Being a bit of an obsessive, I now need to know which is correct. :S

I do this also but was told that nic in VG was 1.24g/ml, so that's what I've been using. Being a bit of an obsessive, I now need to know which is correct. :S
You are absolutely correct. Not sure how I wrote that incorrectly. Edited. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom