What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Method for mixing batches

graykev

Postman
Hi all,

I'm due to mix my next batch of 10 bottles of 250ml. Same juice in all 10 bottles. I usually do it by weight and drip (or sometimes pour) directly into the bottle, shake, put down and onto the next.

I've just had an idea and wonder if anyone can advise if there is any problems with this.... I simply buy a bowl with a lid, new scales that go upto 5kg and make one mix of 2500ml using the same recipe. I then give the bowl a good shake (carefully with lid on) and then divide into the 10 bottles from the bowl.

Has everyone being doing something similar for a while and I've just missed it or can any of you see a problem with this method?

Thanks, Kevin.

If I'm mixing those sorts of volumes I'll use a 3ltr plastic jug and a stick blender.

It might be tricky decanting from the bowl into the 250ml bottles. Something with a pouring spout might work better.

If I'm mixing those sorts of volumes I'll use a 3ltr plastic jug and a stick blender.
Thanks I'll probably go with a jug then, will make pouring it into the bottles easier as the other poster said.

Do you just use kitchen scales? Is a stick blender the same thing you would use to blend soup?

Probably a large cocktail jug, a hand held electric blender and also a little set of funnels to make pouring easier is probably all you need.

Probably a large cocktail jug, a hand held electric blender and also a little set of funnels to make pouring easier is probably all you need.
Thanks, a handheld blender with the blades or a whisk attachment would you say?

Mix like this regularly.

Best off mixing into a jerry then using a screw down hand pump to transfer into bottles.

Very simple and minimal mess.

Thanks, a handheld blender with the blades or a whisk attachment would you say?

Should be perfect.

If you still like to mix by weight, I've seen some kitchen scales that weigh up to 3Kg and still go down to 0.1g accuracy which should be accurate enough for your large batch sizes.

Back
Top Bottom