What's new

Metal vs plastic luer lock tips

Jd_

Achiever
does anyone know if metal luer lock tips will work on the same syringes that the plastic ones do?

I'm eyeing a nice set on amazon that go all the way down to like 6 guage, would make vg so much easier.

If you're talking the needle then i really can't get my head round why people use syringes with the needles attached :doh:

I don't use syringes for anything when it comes to mixing. They're a nightmare and take so much more time to use. I buy VG in litre bottles then use a funnel to decant it into 250ml bottles with a drip tip then use scales to weigh it into the recipe mix. For larger batches I find I can use the 250ml bottle and pour it freehand into the recipe which I can do accurately enough. If I'm mixing a small 10ml test batch I use a pippette to decant some VG into a small bottle with a drip tip and add it to the mix with that.

The scales make all the difference. The specific gravity figure I use for VG is 1.234 g/ml.

I agree far easier to use a set of precision scales to mix.
The objective here is to buy one BIG liter bottle of nic, then put it in a whole bunch of SMALL 15ml bottles for long term storage, which enables me to only open one little bottle at a time to prevent oxidation of the rest of the nic.

I dont need scales or funnels, i need a syringe tip to reach into the BIG bottle and squirt it into the little bottles...like 75 of them, and i dont feel like spending money on an argon kit

It sounds OCD, but there is method in my madness. The 15mg (actually filled to 16mg to leave no space for any air bubbles) size has to do with it being precalculated amount so i can simply dump it in to a mix with no measuring needed.

My other option is to use a small glass i can pour it into before putting it in the little bottles, but filling a 15ml bottle up to the tippy tippy top takes a bit of accuracy.

Back
Top Bottom