What's new

memzey's mixes

Thanks man. Please let me know if you do try it as I don't really have anyone to try my mixes. Gave the missus a toot today and she said it's sickly, which is good as that's what I was going for. Wanted a strong, sweet juice as my tastebuds are wrecked.

Will do pal. It’ll be a couple of weeks but I’ll make it up and then give you a review. I love trying new recipes at the moment. Plus anything with blackcurrant in gets me interested. If you scroll up you’ll see some chat about blackcurrant cheesecake- I’ve got a mix of that on the steep at the minute

@memzey mix part 2

I’ve cracked open the second of the mixes I’ve nicked off Memzey tonight - Club Tropicana. I vaped it in the Kayfun Lite 2019 at 16w and on the Nightmare RDA at 75w.

I’ve got to say I think I messed this one up a bit. I got a very sweet taste off the inhale (maybe too heavy handed with the pineapple and Coconut). That said my Mrs (my testing guinea pig) loves it and states it’s she get a fruit salad flavour. The thing I liked most was the tasty mango running through the vape and the refreshing lightness overall. A very light all day sort of vape.

Overall, a very very good mix (any errors here are mine alone and my heavy handedness) and a quality of vape that easily matches similar flavour got in shops.

Excellent stuff Memzy. Next off the ramp is the collective POTV blackcurrant cheesecake

Glad you liked it @Smokeandsteam . If you decide to give it another go, it doesn't need much steeping at all. Leave it overnight and it's pretty much good to go.

I've recently been vaping an updated version with 1.25% lime Tahity (cold pressed). It's added a nice citrusy zing to it which fits well. Makes me think of summer in the middle of winter!

I’ve given my blackcurrant cheesecake mix a vape. I vaped it on the Rye RDA at 70w and also in the Haar at 45w.

It’s.....okay. It’s not horrible, I can vape it. I was hoping, frankly, though that I’d get a bit more of a fruit zing and a bit more of a tartness than I managed. There’s something missing

Any suggestions from the experts on here on how to improve this basic mix?

Attachments

• 46F45629-D711-4599-971D-0BDB93686110.png
    46F45629-D711-4599-971D-0BDB93686110.png
    897.8 KB · Views: 42
I like INW Blackcurrant myself. I can vape it at 3% with a bit of sweetener all on its own. To get a bit more of that "dark fruit" flavour going on I would probably consider adding FA Forest Fruit at circa 2% and something like FM Blackberry at 1.75%. I suspect it will be less distinctly blackcurrant in profile but may well give you what you are looking for.

TFA pal. It’s just a really muted fruit flavour I’m getting. Tempted to bang some more in to the mix

Aye that's not the best one for me if I'm being honest, adding some more might help, even 1 or 2% might make it better. If you want realistic you could get some FA blackcurrant or if you're looking for fruity/ribena type the INW one is great and will punch through the other flavours as low as 1.5-2%. INW would be good for a cheesecake as it's a little jammy as well for me. Cap silverline is decent as well.

I also boost mine with 0.5 of TFA blackberry to boost the dark flavours.

Thanks @memzey and @Gitchy - the consensus seems to be INW. @StrawberryRipple has just shouted it as well. That’s clearly where I’m going wrong. I’m definitely going to add some blackberry as well.

Ive ordered some of both.

Mix 2 on the way......

Thanks to everyone for the advice. I knew you’d know!

Thanks @memzey and @Gitchy - the consensus seems to be INW. @StrawberryRipple has just shouted it as well. That’s clearly where I’m going wrong. I’m definitely going to add some blackberry as well.

Ive ordered some of both.

Mix 2 on the way......

Thanks to everyone for the advice. I knew you’d know!

I’ve just cracked open the blackcurrant cheesecake (version 2 mix). This is the same recipe as before but with the blackcurrant changed to the INW blend and 0.5%% blackberry added. I vaped it at 70w on the Rye RDA.

Right off the bat the improvement is stunning. The blackberry (and maybe the new blackcurrant) adds a depth that was basically absent in version 1. That alone lifts the flavour. The change of blackcurrant blend is also immediately obvious as there is a sweet punch that was also missing first time around. The cream and biscuit notes also seem better balanced and layered (that might just be my imagination).

Doesn’t it feel good when you get a mix right? If I had got this from a shop I’d be sat here thinking ‘this is a good Eliquid’!.

Thanks for all of your help guys!!!

I’ve got a strawberries and cream steeping to try next. After that I’ll be on the hunt for some new tips and suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom