What's new

memzey's mixes

I'm going to ask here as this thread is moving. I am looking make up a deep blackcurrant cream/cheesecake. Has anyone got a decent recipe? I can no doubt find one using google but the group/hive mind here is offering better advice I reckon. I've searched the recipes on the POTV site and they are a bit meh. Advice please mixologists!

I know nothing about blackcurrent but INW 'Yes we Cheesecake' is the place to start with the cheesecake. It's basically all there.

it might not be too useful to you but i have a bottle on the go with FA black currant, yoghurt and fresh cream. it is excellent. you could add some mozzarella and cookie.

it’s at 2% 1% 2%.

Thanks @zouzounaki, what Yoghurt are you using please? That sounds a delicious combo, with a cookies biscuity base added it's exactly what I aim aiming to make.

I know nothing about blackcurrent but INW 'Yes we Cheesecake' is the place to start with the cheesecake. It's basically all there.

Just checked it out. That's exactly the info I was looking for. It's a veritable treasure chest. Thank you so much!

Just checked it out. That's exactly the info I was looking for. It's a veritable treasure chest. Thank you so much!

It's good stuff and a lot easier than trying to construct the whole thing from scratch, add your preferred cream on top, a little extra graham crust if needed and the blackcurrant and I think you'll be very close.

what do people think of FA black currant? i really like it. but i think it tastes more like red currants. but i’m not sure if that’s just a psychological effect of the bottle having a picture of red currants on it.

what do people think of FA black currant? i really like it. but i think it tastes more like red currants. but i’m not sure if that’s just a psychological effect of the bottle having a picture of red currants on it.
I have it and think it’s very good. I prefer INW Blackcurrant though, even though it is less authentic. Seems to taste a bit more like ribena which I like a lot :).

I have it and think it’s very good. I prefer INW Blackcurrant though, even though it is less authentic. Seems to taste a bit more like ribena which I like a lot :).

I'm with you on the INW but I always layer it with either totally wicked blackcurrant or the cap silver line blackcurrant myself. Also adding 0.5 tpa blackberry can give the blackcurrants a bit of depth but only 0.5 as it's pretty strong stuff. FA blackcurrant is nice but not as sweet as the others for me.

UPDATE

Just cracked open the first @memzey recipe which is the berry bonanza. I vaped it on the Rye RDA at 70w.

Off the bat this is the best mix I've ever been able to achieve by a mile (well, the best one I've done using someone else's recipe and advice :14:). The blackcurrant flavours, dark and deep and nicely balanced predominate. The vape is very refreshing but also has the tangy sweetness you'd expect from these type of fruits. I don't pick up the Raspberry in the mix (which is probably my fault) which might be my taste buds or I mixed it too low. The forest fruits can be detected at the bottom of the berry overload.

Overall, an absolutely banging eliquid I added a bit of koolada, which has worked a treat and gave me the cool flavour I was seeking. I'll be making this up in industrial quantities - I wish I'd made more to start with now - as it fits my 'all day vape' requirements perfectly.

A massive hat tip to Memzey and thanks for the help.

I've got three more eliquids still on the steep - Club Tropicana by Memzey, my own coconut/lime/berry effort and a blackcurrant/cheesecake/ something mix inspired by the advice from @zouzounaki and @Simon G I'll let you know how they turn out.

Last edited:
Glad to hear it worked out for you @Smokeandsteam ! You should be fine to mix up reasonable sized batches of that as I don't think anything it fades particularly badly. As it works quite well off the shake though, I tend to mix it in 50ml bottles myself.

Back
Top Bottom