What's new

Measuring larger amounts of VG

I go one step further and have a base of 3.3mg 80vg prepared and top up the flavourings with that.

If my flavourings come to 10% I'll be almost exactly 3mg 70vg, but it'll never be anything to worry about.
That's cool.
One thing about that ... how do you ensure the nic is evenly mixed throughout your VG? It's thick stuff, even thicker if, like me, you keep it refridgerated.

That's cool.
One thing about that ... how do you ensure the nic is evenly mixed throughout your VG? It's thick stuff, even thicker if, like me, you keep it refridgerated.

I start with 400ml in a 500ml bottle to give plenty of shaking room, and always shake it again before I use it.

I keep 72mg nic in the fridge, but I don't bother with a 3mg mix that will be used up in a month.

Shaking VG ... that must give you a powerful wanking arm.

I couldn't take that approach as I mix juice for others who want theirs in a range from 0-12mg/ml.

I do something similar to @Ment , mix up a 500ml batch of 50/50 at 12 or 9mg. The most flavour I’ve be using is 5% which doesn’t knock the ratio or strength out by any amount that I can notice.

Also similar to @scrumpox all I measure is the flavour concentrate, the 50/50 flavourless base mix just gets poured straight in on top of the concentrates, then a shake and we’re good.

Flavour measured with a syringe for single flavour mixes and a 5ml cylinder for blends. Very easy, quick and hassle free.

I do something similar to @Ment , mix up a 500ml batch of 50/50 at 12 or 9mg. The most flavour I’ve be using is 5% which doesn’t knock the ratio or strength out by any amount that I can notice.

Also similar to @scrumpox all I measure is the flavour concentrate, the 50/50 flavourless base mix just gets poured straight in on top of the concentrates, then a shake and we’re good.

Flavour measured with a syringe for single flavour mixes and a 5ml cylinder for blends. Very easy, quick and hassle free.
Is this good after a shake and vape? I thought you steeped your concentrates in nic for a while before adding pg/vg?

Is this good after a shake and vape? I thought you steeped your concentrates in nic for a while before adding pg/vg?

I don’t usually, but used to and still do it now and again. But it’s much easier premixing base. It’s good straight away depending on the concentrate. They usually do improve after a week or so though.

How would you compare the accuracy @g fog ? Let’s say you had two bottles of liquid and you mixed one with scales and the other with a syringe. Do you think you could tell them apart in a blind taste test?

How would you compare the accuracy @g fog ? Let’s say you had two bottles of liquid and you mixed one with scales and the other with a syringe. Do you think you could tell them apart in a blind taste test?
Generally no, however the op was looking for an accurate way to measure.
The same as no one will tell the difference between for instance 6mg and 7mg nic in a mix.
However for consistant and replicatable mixes I would always use a scale, if you however prefer mixing with syringes or pipettes, more power to you.

Back
Top Bottom