What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Making smooth eliquid

GrimJim

Postman
Hi there!
I'm hoping someone out there can help clear a couple things up for me.
I have never made my own liquids but I am thinking of giving it a try to save some money.
I have tried thousands of liquids in the past and find that some are really harsh and make me a bit wheezie. So obviously I try to stick with the liquids I know don't do that to me.
( I'd also be interested to know if anyone else experiences this.)
We're talking high vg liquids here by the way. Like 70/30 or 80/20 and 3mg nic.

So my question is, how can I make sure to make nice smooth liquids?
Now I'm guessing that the number one thing is to make sure I use a 100% vg Nicotine, but I've tried a liquid once that was made with 100% vg Nicotine and I still found it too harsh.
So is there a good and bad quality of nicotine?
Or anything else I need to consider?

I don't know the ins and outs about mixing liquids yet, I still need to look in to it but this is my number one concern.
I would quite happily stick with the liquids I've been using but I really wanna stop spending so much as I go through a lot!

Anyways.. Thanks a lot in advance people

Grim

Last edited:
first off you cant buy 100% nic in uk this was illegal even before the tpd was dropped 72% was max.
legally you can only buy 20% nic now.
but this wont effect your smooth eliquid its about balancing your flavours.
I would suggest go to chefs flavours get some one shot samples find what you like and go from there.

i use a cowboys spit bucket for my nicotine now due to tpd
its not as smooth as the old 72 mg nic i used to get but a hell of a lot stronger then the 20mg available now :ape:

Last edited:
first off you cant buy 100% nic in uk this was illegal even before the tpd was dropped 72% was max.
I would suggest go to chefs flavours get some one shot samples find what you like and go from there.
Thanks. I was actually meaning 100% *VG* Nicotine, rather than one containing pg

I will check out chef's flavours :)

You missed out a point in your numbers.
The old limit for nic was 7.2% or 72mg
The new limit is 2% or 20mg

Hi there!
I'm hoping someone out there can help clear a couple things up for me.
I have never made my own liquids but I am thinking of giving it a try to save some money.
I have tried thousands of liquids in the past and find that some are really harsh and make me a bit wheezie. So obviously I try to stick with the liquids I know don't do that to me.
( I'd also be interested to know if anyone else experiences this.)
We're talking high vg liquids here by the way. Like 70/30 or 80/20 and 3mg nic.
I find this too @GrimJim and have definitely tracked it down to PG sensitivity/intolerance/allergy. I can only tolerate a maximum of 85/15 before I start to get the symptoms you're talking about -- and that's after taking a daily antihistamine!
So my question is, how can I make sure to make nice smooth liquids?
Now I'm guessing that the number one thing is to make sure I use a 100% vg Nicotine, but I've tried a liquid once that was made with 100% vg Nicotine and I still found it too harsh.
So is there a good and bad quality of nicotine?
Or anything else I need to consider?
Remember also that flavourings usually come in PG but there are some available in a VG or alcohol base...there's a thread started by @jay2 giving details of suppliers, I'll see if I can find the link for you. Edit: here you go: https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/143606/
You could mix a juice with just VG ingredients, but unless you use a dripper you might need to add up to 10% distilled water to make it thin enough to wick in tanks and clearo's; you can also buy Aqueous Glycerine - which is the name used if it's been premixed - but it's more expensive than buying the two separate ingredients.
I don't know the ins and outs about mixing liquids yet, I still need to look in to it but this is my number one concern.
I would quite happily stick with the liquids I've been using but I really wanna stop spending so much as I go through a lot!

Anyways.. Thanks a lot in advance people

Grim
You will save a fortune if you start to mix your own liquids, and you'll be able to tailor then to exactly how you like them...eventually! It can be a long process getting everything just right, but it's worth it in the end [emoji2]

All the best! [emoji106]

Last edited:
I find this too @GrimJim and have definitely tracked it down to PG sensitivity/intolerance/allergy. I can only tolerate a maximum of 85/15 before I start to get the symptoms you're talking about -- and that's after taking a daily antihistamine!

Remember also that flavourings usually come in PG but there are some available in a VG or alcohol base...there's a thread started by @jay2 giving details of suppliers, I'll see if I can find the link for you.
You could mix a juice with just VG ingredients, but unless you use a dripper you might need to add up to 10% distilled water to make it thin enough to wick in tanks and clearo's; you can also buy Aqueous Glycerine - which is the name used if it's been premixed - but it's more expensive than buying the two separate ingredients.

You will save a fortune if you start to mix your own liquids, and you'll be able to tailor then to exactly how you like them...eventually! It can be a long process getting everything just right, but it's worth it in the end [emoji2]

All the best! [emoji106]
Thanks a lot. I didn't even think about the pg or VG of the flavours.
My first thought was that it was pg but I always buy 70/30 and 80/20 liquids and most are fine, it's just some really are not [emoji53]
Also, yeah I do drip 99% of the time

Last edited:
Pocket fuel is a good example, if anyone's ever tried it. It's expensive and I only buy it in an emergency because they sell it at an all night garage near me. Not bad flavours but so dam harsh and it's a 70/30 just like the liquids I usually buy

Also look out for recipes that - although they use PG flavouring - use a lower percentage @GrimJim.

There are a few companies that produce flavours that only need single figure percentages as they are super-concentrated. Off the top of my head Inawera, FlavourArt and Real Flavours do but there are others if you're prepared to do a bit of Google Fu! [emoji6]

Back
Top Bottom