What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Making Custard In Bulk (with or without Nic?)

Glad you mentioned this. Some of my mixes have been tasting quite bland but then I look at the % and nothing is above 15% most between 8% - 12%.

Then I remember reading somewhere that some of the ‘premium’ juices you find it the shops are around 20-25% plus a few of them then add sweetener. Could this be true?

Maybe I need to mix a few up with higher % and see. I tried to stay below 20% cause some have said “flavours mute above it” “there is not difference” “juice turns out too harsh” those are some of the things I’ve heard.

Too much concentrate in a liquid tastes rank to me, I don’t think I can even get to the point where it’s harsh or the flavours start to mute. I think different people have different sensitivity to artificial flavours.

Too much concentrate in a liquid tastes rank to me, I don’t think I can even get to the point where it’s harsh or the flavours start to mute. I think different people have different sensitivity to artificial flavours.

I agree. The one factor we can't account for when talking about flavour is expectation. Combine this with varying levels of taste sensitivity and it's a minefield.

I agree with you both. It’s all about finding the perfect balance for yourself, guess that’s part of the fun/experimenting side of DIY

Back
Top Bottom